+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: ABSOLUTE CHAOS AHEAD FOR CAR DRIVERS AND PASSENGERS NEXT SEASON

ABSOLUTE CHAOS AHEAD FOR CAR DRIVERS AND PASSENGERS NEXT SEASON

For the seasons we have been in the CCS I have paid for a car parking permit each season. I have recently received my renewal letter.

In that letter (dated June 7th 2018) the Club urges permit holders to get to the stadium, "NO LATER THAN 30 mins PRIOR TO THE ADVERTISED KICK OFF." It also states:
    "Following discussions with South Wales Police it has been determined that the car park will be CLOSED 30 mins BEFORE KICK OFF and there will be NO ADMISSION AFTER THIS UNTIL 10 mins AFTER KICK OFF."

Even from a distance of two months before the start of the season I can visualise:

- extremely irate car divers/passengers near the stadium being prevented gaining entry to the car park (and therefore game) for 40+ minutes.
    - huge queues of cars backed up hundreds of yards in the streets surrounding the stadium.
    - long queues of fans seeking to gain entry to the stadium after kick off.

Is this step really sensible? Is it necessay? Do other PL clubs have to resort to this action?

I can see this action causing more problems than it seeks to solve.

StT.
    <><

Re: ABSOLUTE CHAOS AHEAD FOR CAR DRIVERS AND PASSENGERS NEXT SEASON

Liverpool have a cut off time for parking in Stanley Park. (Well they used to)

Where do you buy a car parking permit and how much?

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Where do you buy a car parking permit and how much?
    New applications (ie those who are not existing permit holders) can be made to the Ticket Office after July 6th. Cost is £149 plus a £6 surcharge.

StT.
    <><

That won't last long.

I guess they're trying to ensure that the carpark is as full as possible, and therefore as safe as possible, before twice as many people as last season, try to walk through it ahead of kick off.

Can understand why but I wouldn't want to be the steward who closes the carpark with 30 mins til kick off.

Anybody idling outside the stadium on matchday should receive a hefty fine, say £5 per minute? 5 x 40min = £200 per car. That should pay for a new midfielder!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I guess they're trying to ensure that the carpark is as full as possible, and therefore as safe as possible, before twice as many people as last season, try to walk through it ahead of kick off.

Can understand why but I wouldn't want to be the steward who closes the carpark with 30 mins til kick off.
    Quite right. Imagine being the first car stopped at the gate that has to wait 40 minutes before they can park in the space that they can see.

SuperBluebirds91

They say this every year mate! It’s been the same rules since we moved to the CCS! Sometimes we’ve arrived 15 mins before a match and they never have stopped us. The thing is if you are stuck in traffic and left the house with plenty of time but get caught up in the traffic how can they stop you really?! And to be honest it’s a real knightmare on matchdays getting into the stadium as they sell parking spaces to people who haven’t got permits! It stops us all driving in smoothly as people stop - have a conversation and hold up the traffic! There should be a notice at the gate (before people actually pull into the stadium) stating PERMIT HOLDERS ONLY!

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBluebirds91 View Post
    They say this every year mate! It’s been the same rules since we moved to the CCS! Sometimes we’ve arrived 15 mins before a match and they never have stopped us. The thing is if you are stuck in traffic and left the house with plenty of time but get caught up in the traffic how can they stop you really?! And to be honest it’s a real knightmare on matchdays getting into the stadium as they sell parking spaces to people who haven’t got permits! It stops us all driving in smoothly as people stop - have a conversation and hold up the traffic! There should be a notice at the gate (before people actually pull into the stadium) stating PERMIT HOLDERS ONLY!
    I, too, have said a sign needs to be errected above the two lanes turning into CCS; one lane for Permit Holders and the second lane assigned to day sales. It's such a logical and simple thing to do. Otherwise perhaps all cash sales on the day should be stopped and bookings made on line or by phone before the day of the game.

Regarding the wording in the letter from the Club, in my recollection, this is the FIRST time it has been quoted, that the car park will be CLOSED FOR 40 mins either side of kick off.

Stay tuned. This will cause far more problems than it solves.

StT.
    <><

Absolute chaos occurs when people are asked to turn up a little earlier! More on this as we get it

The whole complex is badly designed in my opinion. It causes grief all over the place and it's also dangerous.

If I could afford it, I'd get a train in but it's extortionate. Also, the train from Maesteg is always filthy and doesn't run at all on Sundays.

SuperBluebirds91

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post
    I, too, have said a sign needs to be errected above the two lanes turning into CCS; one lane for Permit Holders and the second lane assigned to day sales. It's such a logical and simple thing to do. Otherwise perhaps all cash sales on the day should be stopped and bookings made on line or by phone before the day of the game.

Regarding the wording in the letter from the Club, in my recollection, this is the FIRST time it has been quoted, that the car park will be CLOSED FOR 40 mins either side of kick off.

Stay tuned. This will cause far more problems than it solves.

StT.
    <><
    I have seen it quoted previously since we've been in the Cardiff city stadium but I think they may have got more lenient lately. The thing is there is always people who will turn up late for various reasons - and traffic being a major one due to hold ups trying to get into the stadium due to selling spaces on the day! If this holds me up on match days and then I end up arriving 20 mins prior to kick off that isn't really fair. The thing I've always liked about the carpark is that I have a space in the carpark (not numbered but in a certain area). Also the flexibility it gives so that I can leave home later due to home circumstances and not wanting to be away from home for hours and hours. So if they get very strict on this it'll be a real pain. If they state 30 mins but give abit of leeway to people who have been genuinely stuck in traffic or cannot leave home too early (caring for relative) than I think that would be reasonable. I'm glad they are trying to make it easier for people there but WHY do the buses come into the stadium and block a hole lane of traffic at the end of the match so it holds up people from leaving? Also I do believe by getting people to arrive down there earlier everyone will arrive at the same time approx 45 mins prior to kick off and then cause a massive cue rather than drip feed people in bit by bit up until kick off?

There should definitely be a sign before you turn in or on the gate stating permit holders only as I don't believe next season there will be any spaces left for on the day sales. Selling in advance from the ticket office is a good idea. It just gets on my nerves hen people park in the wrong area then I have to move to another area due to match day sales. Anyways - let see how it goes first I guess!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Quite right. Imagine being the first car stopped at the gate that has to wait 40 minutes before they can park in the space that they can see.
    ... and have already paid for if they are Permit Holders.

StT.
    <><

park and ride is the answer

Think I will be catching the Zeelo bus again.