+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wales v Russia live

Wales v Russia live

The Women are playing now on BBC2.

Re: Wales v Russia live

Is there any beach volleyball on another channel?

Watched the first 20 minutes but it was so tedious I had to switch over to Emmerdale for some excitement.

Russians all appear to be stronger, faster, taller, fitter and healthier looking and, being Vladimir Putin voters, have very sinister expressions. Most of the Welsh players wouldn't look out of place amongst the pasty-faced drones who queue in Greggs for heart attack grub.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Watched the first 20 minutes but it was so tedious I had to switch over to Emmerdale for some excitement.

Russians all appear to be stronger, faster, taller, fitter and healthier looking and, being Vladimir Putin voters, have very sinister expressions. Most of the Welsh players wouldn't look out of place amongst the pasty-faced drones who queue in Greggs for heart attack grub.
    Why aren't our lot wearing Kinnock armbands FFS!

Wales 1 up.

1 nil Wales. Get in there

2-0

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    Wales 1 up.
    2-0 now.
    Some rubbish refereeing and cliche ridden commentary from the lady co-commentator but it's actually quite enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    2-0 now.
    Some rubbish refereeing and cliche ridden commentary from the lady co-commentator but it's actually quite enjoyable.
    Careful that was nearly a compliment.

3-0

If that second goal was scored by Cardiff, we'd all be raving about it

Get in there! Never got so into a womens match before

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Careful that was nearly a compliment.
    I am serious.
    Although I am coming from a "there's no game today so popped over the park to watch a Cardiff and District game" point of view

Russia just don't like playing Wales

The said co-commentator just described their training routine... get up, train, go to work then train again.
    She then added something like "we are still not at a stage where we can don't have to go to work and simply play football full time".

Serious question, does she really think it could get to that stage?
    With all due respect, I'm surprised there's any money in this at all.

3-0 result

Another good game I thought. Have really enjoyed tonight's match and the earlier game against Bosnia. Excellent second goal!

The said co-commentator just described their training routine... get up, train, go to work then train again
    Plus they have to visit Greggs three times a day (alledgedly).

This will all depend on the paying customer, sponsorship and TV rights, etc..

Good result, you can see that confidence is building and the team is showing good football with it. But it's the same sort of pride which the men's team show which is most attractive.

It is a different game to men's football - less playing injured but less skill too - but certainly plenty to enjoy. And another trip to France sounds perfect.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Why aren't our lot wearing Kinnock armbands FFS!
    What's with the kinnock armbands comment?

LMFAO, talk about shooting yourself in the foot. We won quite comfortably in the end. ALL of the Welsh players looked fit, in a non-perving, but healthy way. When was the last time you kicked a ball and ran for 90 minutes then?

The said co-commentator just described their training routine... get up, train, go to work then train again.
    She then added something like "we are still not at a stage where we can don't have to go to work and simply play football full time".

England, Australia, France, Germany, America, Canada.....

My (limited) understanding is each of these nations have professional women's football.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    What's with the kinnock armbands comment?
    He wants England to wear armbands in the World Cup as a protest against Russia, so I was wondering why the Welsh MP didn't present our team with some samples for tonight's game.

Good result. Now for the big one.