+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: I thought

I thought

I thought we were told the government we’re going to be thoroughly beaten on the Brexit votes today?

Nothing really happened, damp squib.

Re: I thought

Who said the government were going to be thoroughly beaten? I saw it reported as a risky few hours for them, they needed to win over a few of their MP's and they managed to. I suspect those few won't see anything like what they were asking for but I think the worrying thing is that every week now a Tory party sideshow takes centre stage and it appears we are no closer to a Brexit that is acceptable to both sides - No deal or last minute fudge looming.

Yep, your right, Eric.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Who said the government were going to be thoroughly beaten? I saw it reported as a risky few hours for them, they needed to win over a few of their MP's and they managed to. I suspect those few won't see anything like what they were asking for but I think the worrying thing is that every week now a Tory party sideshow takes centre stage and it appears we are no closer to a Brexit that is acceptable to both sides - No deal or last minute fudge looming.
    I thought it was the public who voted for Brexit, so what has it got to do with the other side? If they had won do you think they would be making any concessions?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I thought it was the public who voted for Brexit, so what has it got to do with the other side? If they had won do you think they would be making any concessions?
    I don't understand the question, who are the other side?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Yep, your right, Eric.
    It's never stopped you before.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    I don't understand the question, who are the other side?
    Those from this lot who lost the referendum "it appears we are no closer to a Brexit that is acceptable to both sides".

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Those from this lot who lost the referendum "it appears we are no closer to a Brexit that is acceptable to both sides".
    I mean the EU and the UK

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I thought we were told the government we’re going to be thoroughly beaten on the Brexit votes today?

Nothing really happened, damp squib.
    Teressa does em .

Onwards our Boudica and crush those Eurocratics .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Teressa does em .

Onwards our Boudica and crush those Eurocratics .