+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Spain Manager Sacked

Spain Manager Sacked

Incredible

Re: Spain Manager Sacked

Only one man for the job, and hes available, fresh and raring to go again.

Step forward Russell Slade.

He was taking over real madrid after the world cup, but i suppose they said go now and we will get someone else in probably pissed off that he was leaving after the world cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    He was taking over real madrid after the world cup, but i suppose they said go now and we will get someone else in probably pissed off that he was leaving after the world cup.
    ITK. LeADeR.

Incredible. Not exactly together stronger! However, with the players at their disposal even Slade could do a job for them - Possibly!

I knew Real Madrid had no principles but screwing over their own country just days before a World Cup? Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

I was going to suggest Slade. He'd soon get rid of the over paid prima-donnas in the squad! He'd get in some lower league players to replace them with, and hey-presto....Spain would have the ignominy of crashing to three bad defeats :)

Seriously tho, if the players DO care for their country, they will pull together and give Portugal one almighty game

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    I was going to suggest Slade. He'd soon get rid of the over paid prima-donnas in the squad! He'd get in some lower league players to replace them with, and hey-presto....Spain would have the ignominy of crashing to three bad defeats :)

Seriously tho, if the players DO care for their country, they will pull together and give Portugal one almighty game
    They have top quality players, as we’ve seen with Madrid and Zidane you can let them go out and play and still be successful when you have world class players.

Few egos in that team mind so they could definitely do a Holland if there’s no manager to control them.

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    They found out he was negotiating with Madrid 5 minutes before the press release.

With such little respect shown to the Spanish FA they said they had little choice but to sack him.

As long as they service the box they'll do well with him at the helm

Hierro taking over temporarily.

If i was spanish I wouldn't be happy with the decision to sack him.
    He has been negotiating with RM. So what, he's securing his future

Fully deserved the sack.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Hierro taking over temporarily.

If i was spanish I wouldn't be happy with the decision to sack him.
    He has been negotiating with RM. So what, he's securing his future
    He was contracted with the national team until Euro 2022

He was contracted with the national team until Euro 2022
    I suppose it's a bit naughty yes but it does seem like cutting one's nose off to spite one's face.

Although it could work in Spain's favour, having an excuse if they have a poor tournament and the players will know the system and the coaches will have a big say on the field, with Hierro being the front man for the media.

Can't blame Lopetegui for taking the job but he possibly could have handled it better.

Coleman overlooked again?

Id give it to Ramos player manager the boy done good recently

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I suppose it's a bit naughty yes but it does seem like cutting one's nose off to spite one's face.

Although it could work in Spain's favour, having an excuse if they have a poor tournament and the players will know the system and the coaches will have a big say on the field, with Hierro being the front man for the media.

Can't blame Lopetegui for taking the job but he possibly could have handled it better.
    He has right to negotiate but couldn't it wait til after the tournament? Couldn't he have told Spain more than 5 mins before it being announced? He's put his career ahead of Spanish nation and has been sacked for it.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    He has right to negotiate but couldn't it wait til after the tournament? Couldn't he have told Spain more than 5 mins before it being announced? He's put his career ahead of Spanish nation and has been sacked for it.
    Think Spain is bigger than Madrid ,hence the boot , oh hang on , is it the other way round ???????????