+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Charlie Mullins/ Gig Economy

Charlie Mullins/ Gig Economy

Pimlico Plumbers lost again today in the Supreme Court against their employment practices. Judges agreed that the people they employ are workers not self employed. This fella just won't have it though and is going to the Europen Court of Human Rights. Is the gig economy going to change because of this or will the government side with the company's that follow these practices.Surely it's just about not treating workers fairly for these companies and saving money.

https://www.theguardian.com/business...mlico-plumbers

Re: Charlie Mullins/ Gig Economy

It's probably a grey area on purpose.

As long as they all pay their tax and national insurance they should have rights

think this case will have huge implications for most contract workers and companies in this country . as ninian clark has mentioned the grey area bit is IR35 . Myself have contracted for a number of years now and choose to do rather than work for a company . it suits me down to the ground . think after this case working on a contract basis is going to change big time . the thought of working for a boss again on the companys books dreads me with fear !

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    As long as they all pay their tax and national insurance they should have rights
    The tax system in this country is a right sham.