+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Opening Day: Bournemouth away. PREMIER LEAGUE FIXTURES

Re: Opening Day: Bournemouth away. PREMIER LEAGUE FIXTURES

Fulham play three of the top seven (including Man C) in the first five games, play Liverpool, Chelsea and Man U in the space of 5 games, have Arsenal/Burnley/Spurs in January and face Chelsea/Leicester/Liverpool/Man City in March when they'll need points for the run-in.

Wolves first three fixtures are all against top half finishers (including Man C), they play Spurs/Arsenal/Chelsea in five games, Liverpool and Spurs again over Christmas, Chelsea/Arsenal/Burnley/Man Utd in consecutive matches in Mar/Apr and finish at Anfield.

You can do this with any club btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    We're welsh, our fans, Warnock, style of play. That's four off the top of my head.
    Being Welsh didn't stop there being a Swansea love-in for a couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    We're welsh, our fans, Warnock, style of play. That's four off the top of my head.
    And they’re all complete bollocks.

Swansea were in there for years. Pulis and alardyce have managed in there for years. It’s complete paranoia.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Why wouldn’t they want us in the premier league? It’s complete paranoia
    The premier league doesn't really care about the bottom third of the division. It's the Europe-chasing clubs that are the big global draw, if there's any diddling of fixtures (and I doubt there is) it'll be to get an exciting title chase. As if "we must relegate Cardiff asap" was even a consideration.

They probably barely mentioned the likes of us, Brighton, Huddersfield, etc in their meetings. We're not going to pull in any big tv numbers unless we're away at the Etihad or Old Trafford and there's a chance we'll get pummelled - that's something they can sell.

Newcastle have to play chelsea, spurs, man city and arsenal in their firs 5 games is that a conspiracy?
    Arsenal with a new manager have Man City and Chelsea first 2 games.
    Brighton start with 4 of the top 6 in their first 7 games.

And they’re all complete bollocks.

Swansea were in there for years. Pulis and alardyce have managed in there for years. It’s complete paranoia.
    I didn't say they'd fix it but they're definite reasons we wouldn't be wanted. We're hardly "on brand".

Newcastle have to play chelsea, spurs, man city and arsenal in their firs 5 games is that a conspiracy?
    Arsenal with a new manager have Man City and Chelsea first 2 games.
    Brighton start with 4 of the top 6 in their first 7 games.
    Arsenal have played 8 straight home games on the opening day. I know you can request it but that's still a bit fishy if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    This is 100% paranoia.
    It's not paranoia if they really are out to get you.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    This is 100% paranoia.
    Laughable paranoia too.

Loving this, sat with a canteen full of Villans, Blues & Baggies who haven't got their fixtures yet. When have they got Rotherham! Enjoy it while I can!

Mentioning a run of games against 9 of last seasons top 10 finishers isn't really relevant, seeing as that only leaves 7 other teams who finished outside the top 10.

Predictions

August 11 - Bournemouth (A) Win

August 18 - Newcastle (H) Win

August 25 - Huddersfield (A) Win

September 1 - Arsenal (H) Win

Top of the table going into Chelsea game

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Predictions

I'll have what you're drinking!

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Predictions

In fairness the first 3 are the teams we should be looking to take points from if we are to have any chance of staying up. Arsenal under a new manager may not be firing on all cylinders either.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie View Post
    In fairness the first 3 are the teams we should be looking to take points from if we are to have any chance of staying up. Arsenal under a new manager may not be firing on all cylinders either.
    There we go ,Duggie is drinking from the same cup of success as I .

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Its not paranoia. They did their upmost last season to try and make sure we didnt get promoted and looking at those fixtures they are trying to give us a disadvantage.

It was worth logging on this evening just for that!

Its not paranoia. They did their upmost last season to try and make sure we didnt get promoted and looking at those fixtures they are trying to give us a disadvantage.

Warnocks agricultural football, and his aggressive attitude towards match officials, is not good for their brand.
    Errrr.....

Just how did the English Premier League do their utmost to prevent us getting promoted from the English Football League last season?

I suppose they could have bribed referees to ignore blatant fouls on Morrison in the area, or maybe used strong drugs in his tea to get Warnock to divulge our cunning tactics when he appeared on Talksport, or persuaded Premier clubs not to loan us any players in the January window (apart from Marco Grujic of course), but apart from that..... ?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Errrr.....

Just how did the English Premier League do their utmost to prevent us getting promoted from the English Football League last season?

I suppose they could have bribed referees to ignore blatant fouls on Morrison in the area, or maybe used strong drugs in his tea to get Warnock to divulge our cunning tactics when he appeared on Talksport, or persuaded Premier clubs not to loan us any players in the January window (apart from Marco Grujic of course), but apart from that..... ?
    Got their buddies at Sky to frequently change the fixtures to put Fulham on TV first thus putting more pressure on us.

The same Sky TV forever waxing lyrical about Fulham and Wolves, barely praising us, making it obvious who the PL and their paymasters wanted promoted.

And as for Premier League referee Bobby Madeley’s performance in the final game against Reading, well, thank **** for Birmingham City and Garry Monk is all I can say.

There are none as blind than those that won’t see.

Jesus Christ

Jesus Christ
    HE didn't plot against us as well, did he?

International

Piece of piss!!
    We'll be in the Champions league in 2019

International

Got their buddies at Sky to frequently change the fixtures to put Fulham on TV first thus putting more pressure on us.

The same Sky TV forever waxing lyrical about Fulham and Wolves, barely praising us, making it obvious who the PL and their paymasters wanted promoted.

And as for Premier League referee Bobby Madeley’s performance in the final game against Reading, well, thank **** for Birmingham City and Garry Monk is all I can say.

There are none as blind than those that won’t see.
    Not true actually. I know a guy who commentates on football for Sky and he did several of our games and Fulham's this last season.
    He said Sky loved us being there upsetting the rest of them because it made for a much more entertaining run in that it would otherwise have been.
    With Citeh cruising the league then without us they would have had nothing to focus their audience's attention on at the end of the season. We made it better than they could have hoped.
    And the'd like to see us "ruffle a few feathers" in the coming season too.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Not true actually. I know a guy who commentates on football for Sky and he did several of our games and Fulham's this last season.
    He said Sky loved us being there upsetting the rest of them because it made for a much more entertaining run in that it would otherwise have been.
    With Citeh cruising the league then without us they would have had nothing to focus their audience's attention on at the end of the season. We made it better than they could have hoped.
    If this is Gary Weaver, that you know, he has a soft spot for City, as he spent a lot of years down here on REAL RADIO when it first started.

Top bloke.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Sounds like he was just paying you lip service cos youre a City fan.

If Sky loved us then they had a funny way of showing it and the likes of Don Goodman and Andy Hinchliffe, the two main "experts" for the Championship, clearly didnt get the memo.

And I suppose that stonewall penalty that Sunderland were refused when 1-0 up at Craven Cottage at the end of the season was purely a refereeing mistake? And Bambas disallowed "Goal" at Reading another "mistake" Yeah righto.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    HE didn't plot against us as well, did he?
    No, thankfully he was on our side thanks to Tan. God willing.