+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Warnock on talksport this morning

Warnock on talksport this morning

Again suggesting in a jokey kind of way that our transfer budget will be about £20 million, and our wage bill will probably end up being about half that of Huddersfield.
    Could be true, or could be a misdirection.
    Also then talked about getting 5 or 6 players in .

Re: Warnock on talksport this morning

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Again suggesting in a jokey kind of way that our transfer budget will be about £20 million, and our wage bill will probably end up being about half that of Huddersfield.
    I think he's trying to paint us as the underdogs. I don't think it has anything to do with other clubs thinking we don't have much money etc and eveything to do with it's going to be Cardiff City vs the world, defying the odds once again.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I think he's trying to paint us as the underdogs. I don't think it has anything to do with other clubs thinking we don't have much money etc and eveything to do with it's going to be Cardiff City vs the world, defying the odds once again.
    It is something Warnock likes to do and is good at it! However, when you think of it he is spot on this time. Because of the Sky tv money all teams received last season due to their respective finishing positions, all their budgets are going to be way above ours. When you also factor in mega bucks Wolves and the owner of Fulham is also minted, I recon our budget whatever it is will be the smallest by a margin next season. I am expecting Warnock to mention this in the media at least once a week for 9 months!!

He’s also trying to keep expectations low in case it goes badly, then if (when) we stay up that will be a bonus.

If you are going to buy a car, you don't tell the crook you're buying it off, how many spondoula's you got.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Well you bet if Mr Tan says i'll spend 60 million and top 10 wages, the only folk who will get rich will be the agents and greedy players when they smell the dosh , seem to think that's where it all went wrong last time ,frivolous poor value signings ????????