+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: OT - Train to NP

OT - Train to NP

I have a train season ticket from Ponty to Cardiff Central for work, does anyone know if I could use that to get to NInian Park station on match days ?

Re: OT - Train to NP

I wouldn’t bother. Train service to Ninian as always been atrocious at best. Get the shuttle bus down to the stadium.

Let's hope the new Metro system sorts this out.

It's unbelievable that a now Premier league club has such a dire train service.

From Ponty the Bridgend and Barry trains stop at Grangetown station, and they run every 15-20 mins no changing.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie View Post
    I have a train season ticket from Ponty to Cardiff Central for work, does anyone know if I could use that to get to NInian Park station on match days ?
    The price is the same to Ninian Park as it is to Central, so you shouldn't have any issues. I haven't in the past. If the trains are busy you won't see a guard in any case.

As has already been said, you can also use Grangetown and some trains go direct.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    I wouldn’t bother. Train service to Ninian as always been atrocious at best. Get the shuttle bus down to the stadium.
    But that costs extra.

Next time you renew, same price to np as card cent,

Also you can change at Radyr for trains to NP, they go from there every half hour at 04 and 34.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    The price is the same to Ninian Park as it is to Central, so you shouldn't have any issues. I haven't in the past. If the trains are busy you won't see a guard in any case.

As has already been said, you can also use Grangetown and some trains go direct.
    Nice one, cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Also you can change at Radyr for trains to NP, they go from there every half hour at 04 and 34.
    👍

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    Is that shuttle bus from town still running and if so where do you catch it?

I honestly wouldn’t bother with the train as said above absolutely awful and the switch at radyr is shit

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Is that shuttle bus from town still running and if so where do you catch it?
    It is. Wood Street.

Just stay on the train to Grangetown, nobody will check your ticket on a match day so no extra charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubert Cumberdale View Post
    Just stay on the train to Grangetown, nobody will check your ticket on a match day so no extra charge.
    👍

Out of interest, I checked the cost of Central to NP, 1 station away, £4.20 return 😳😳😳