+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Warnock - "slight problem" in Hoilett negotiations.

Warnock - "slight problem" in Hoilett negotiations.

Re: Warnock - "slight problem" in Hoilett negotiations.

Seems like someone has made him a better offer and he is trying to match that with city, this quote from NW probably means just that
    "I think this is the best place for him, but you do have to have your principles as well"

It sounds to me like he's waiting to see if other offers come in. He's got the City offer on the table but wants to keep his options open.
    If that's the case then City have to give him a deadline to sign.

Quote Originally Posted by rs3100 View Post
    It sounds to me like he's waiting to see if other offers come in. He's got the City offer on the table but wants to keep his options open.
    If that's the case then City have to give him a deadline to sign.
    He's done that before and has been prepared to walk away without a club, can't blame him for trying to maximize his remaining career

I don't think so RS 3100 I think he has already had an offer and wants city to match it, that's the way I read NW's statement
    "but you do have to have your principles as well"

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    I don't think so RS 3100 I think he has already had an offer and wants city to match it, that's the way I read NW's statement
    "but you do have to have your principles as well"
    Could be over length of contract also

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    He's done that before and has been prepared to walk away without a club, can't blame him for trying to maximize his remaining career
    And we all saw how that went, Warnock saved his career bringing him to Cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    Seems like someone has made him a better offer and he is trying to match that with city, this quote from NW probably means just that
    "I think this is the best place for him, but you do have to have your principles as well"
    Principles are very expensive things to have. It'll cost another £11m to replace him. Pay him what he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    And we all saw how that went, Warnock saved his career bringing him to Cardiff
    I doubt that we were his only option

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I doubt that we were his only option
    I'd be shocked if he had many offers in October, most teams sign players in the summer

The thing is he has form for this sort of thing. The club need to sort it out quickly or tell him to go elsewhere so that we can make plans. Unfortunately we're not in a position to wait for him to make a decision in August.

I had a feeling when Murphy signed that we might be preparing for life after Junior.

Anyone know if we've been trying to get him to sign a contract since he entered his last year.

The principles thing makes me thing it isn’t money maybe a release clause or relegation clause?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Anyone know if we've been trying to get him to sign a contract since he entered his last year.
    He has been rolling year to year with us.

He may be torn between sticking with the club and getting a decent pay day out of it.

So far its worked well for both parties. However at this point the club wants to tie him down as an asset, and maybe he doesnt really want that.

Wonder if he may not fancy the Premiership ?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Wonder if he may not fancy the Premiership ?
    I think he fancies himself better than he is.

He's a free agent this summer and understandably wants to make sure that his next contract is the right one both for himself and his family. We just need to be patient, let NW do his thing and hopefully he will put pen to paper in the next few weeks but if decides to move on then thats his choice and we will just have to respect it, same goes for Gunnar. Players come and go, thats football. He would be a big loss though and you do wonder whether it would lead to more departures. Hopefully not.

A lot of players go for the ‘My wages must match the highest at the club’ clause.,.

Wonder if it’s one of those ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    A lot of players go for the ‘My wages must match the highest at the club’ clause.,.

Wonder if it’s one of those ?
    let him move to Fleetwood town then, he`ll be king of the hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Cozoni Wam View Post
    He's a free agent this summer and understandably wants to make sure that his next contract is the right one both for himself and his family. We just need to be patient, let NW do his thing and hopefully he will put pen to paper in the next few weeks but if decides to move on then thats his choice and we will just have to respect it, same goes for Gunnar. Players come and go, thats football. He would be a big loss though and you do wonder whether it would lead to more departures. Hopefully not.
    Hoilett had no club before he joined us, with a career that flattered to deceive.

I'm sure he wants to turn last season into a massive salary but he needs to get real. We're not going to pay over our budget. He won't get what he wants elsewhere unless someone overpays - if it's purely a financial issue.

relegation clause maybe.
    Drop in wages

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    relegation clause maybe.
    Drop in wages
    If we're putting relegation clauses in then fantastic. Players want Prem wages guaranteed if they are part of the squad that takes us down? Fvck them - let that be other clubs problem.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Hoilett had no club before he joined us, with a career that flattered to deceive.

I'm sure he wants to turn last season into a massive salary but he needs to get real. We're not going to pay over our budget. He won't get what he wants elsewhere unless someone overpays - if it's purely a financial issue.
    Modern footballers are all about money and image rights etc. in other words loyalty is not a factor anymore for a lot of players. I think Dave was excellent at times last season and would offer a lot in the Prem. for us next season BUT Warnock mentioned principles in relation to problem and maybe at 28 he is looking for more than he is worth to the club ? I think his father is his manager and is just trying to get the best he can out of the club. If he goes it will be with a thank you for last season but life goes on, and Murphy is ready and waiting !!

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post

That was then, this is now. He is in a much stronger bargaining position now and and he will be looking for a much better deal this time around and who can blame him? Its a short career and at the age of 28 he will have at least one eye on his career after football. We will not be held to ransom though and will offer him a deal that falls in line with our wage structure and if its not enough and he thinks he can get a better deal elsewhere then he is welcome to try. Ones things for sure, Hoilett doesn't owe us shit. We wouldn't be where we are today without his contribution last season and God Willing he will still be a Cardiff City player come the start of the new season.