+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Warnock - "slight problem" in Hoilett negotiations.

Re: Warnock - "slight problem" in Hoilett negotiations.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I'd say, at 28, he's a a couple of years at least from considering a move to MLS. Stoke could probably offer him more than us if the rumoured interest from them is genuine.
    Maybe he wants to live closer to home though

He tweeted along the lines of "new season, same club" a few weeks back. Could the 'slight problem' be Murphy being brought in for £11m?

I thought it was insta and he said same squad which is just what he’d call his mates

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I thought it was insta and he said same squad which is just what he’d call his mates
    OK, I was just paraphrasing. Seems to suggest the same sort of thing really to me anyway. Just speculating whether this ‘slight problem’ could be a new obstacle that has emerged when things were generally progressing OK.

I think it’s just how he speaks it was a photo with his mates and he was talking about them.

I think it’s just how he speaks it was a photo with his mates and he was talking about them.
    OK.

The message btw was “New Chapter - new goals - same team”.

Let’s see.

International

I think the 'problem' arrived before Murphy.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    The message btw was “New Chapter - new goals - same team”.

Let’s see.
    With a photo of his mates

With a photo of his mates
    Sure, just getting the quote right as we were both wrong. I just vaguely remembered the Wales On Line headline tbh but yeh, it could be interpreted quite differently.

I'd be disappointed if he left as he was quality this season. But if players don't want to play for the club then they can go. If he chooses stoke over us for a few extra K then it says more about him.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Maybe his wage demands have increased because of what Cardiff's new signings are earning. Either way, as you say, a replacement would cost a fair packet and would probably earn a fair packet. Players always win in the end, whether that's moving on to earn more money, or staying put to earn more money.
    We have no idea what the new signings are earning and he probably doesn't either.
    Add to that the fact that the new signings, all 2 of them, arrived after this problem occurred and I cannot see any point to the remark

What ever is happening, he needs to be given a signing on deadline, as the Window closes at the start of the season. So if he's going, we need time to get a replacement in.

He will be free to talk to other clubs at the end of the month so if he hasnt signed a new contract by then I imagine we will be saying our goodbyes.

Heard this morning that Stoke are sniffing and he is seriously considering it. I hope it's a load of shit for a lot of reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Shhh View Post
    Heard this morning that Stoke are sniffing and he is seriously considering it. I hope it's a load of shit for a lot of reasons.
    The Stoke rumour has been around for a few days, time will tell if it has legs. However, if he does go there then we know it's all about money and not personal ambition.

I wouldn’t begrudge him taking more money really. If your choice was to play in a team you didn’t support trying to stay up or a team you didn’t support trying to be promoted but on loads more money it wouldn’t be the easiest decision.

I wouldn’t begrudge him taking more money really. If your choice was to play in a team you didn’t support trying to stay up or a team you didn’t support trying to be promoted but on loads more money it wouldn’t be the easiest decision.
    Unless he fears he's going to get torn a new arse every match then surely you show what you can do in the Premier League rather than in the Championship, or unless the wages are massively different. But his is all purely speculation, we don't know what his personal situation is like, what he needs to consider, and what the offers he receives are.

Id rather see him sign for us but if he had the chance of a decent length contract with a big signing on fee and wage for a team who are in with a good shout of being promoted I can see why he’d do it.

It’s a short career and you never know which is going to be your last contract.

Id rather see him sign for us but if he had the chance of a decent length contract with a big signing on fee and wage for a team who are in with a good shout of being promoted I can see why he’d do it.

Totally agree. Not being privy to his offer details from City, but I wouldn't be surprised if there is a relegation clause in the contract which could be an issue.

This

He doesn’t owe us anything his priority is his family and himself fans sometimes seem to forget this is a job to them

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    This

He doesn’t owe us anything his priority is his family and himself fans sometimes seem to forget this is a job to them
    Yeah it's awful isn't, sometimes you just can't see where your next 20k a week is coming from .

Quote Originally Posted by rs3100 View Post
    The Stoke rumour has been around for a few days, time will tell if it has legs. However, if he does go there then we know it's all about money and not personal ambition.
    The Stoke rumour came from the Sentinel, their equivalent of the Western Mail. Would you believe any rumour that 1st appeared on WOL? So far all of their pieces on players have been reported on here first.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yeah it's awful isn't, sometimes you just can't see where your next 20k a week is coming from .
    Hes probably only going to have another 5 years of being able to earn anything near that. Then his earning potential massively drops off. He probably wants to make sure he has enough for his kids to have an easy life.

Plus however much you might disagree with it the more someone earns the more they get used to that lifestyle.

I don’t see anything wrong with maximising your earning potential whilst you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    The Stoke rumour came from the Sentinel, their equivalent of the Western Mail. Would you believe any rumour that 1st appeared on WOL? So far all of their pieces on players have been reported on here first.
    I'd fully expect Stoke to be interested in him, whether they can get him is a different kettle of fish!