+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Grujic on the move...?

Grujic on the move...?

...to Lazio it seems:-

"Reds in Grujic talks
    Liverpool and Lazio are in “intense” negotiations to seal a deal taking Mark Grujic to the Stadio Olimpico.

According to TuttoMercatoWeb , the all parties want a deal done before Serbia’s World Cup opener.

Grujic, 22, has struggled to make an impact at Anfield and was sent on loan to Cardiff for the second half of last term.

But Lazio are keen to add the 6ft 4in powerhouse to their midfield, and want a move in the region of €6million done before his tournament gets underway - aware the price could rise significantly".

Good move for all concerned, methinks

Re: Grujic on the move...?

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    ...to Lazio it seems:-

"Reds in Grujic talks
    Liverpool and Lazio are in “intense” negotiations to seal a deal taking Mark Grujic to the Stadio Olimpico.

According to TuttoMercatoWeb , the all parties want a deal done before Serbia’s World Cup opener.

Grujic, 22, has struggled to make an impact at Anfield and was sent on loan to Cardiff for the second half of last term.

But Lazio are keen to add the 6ft 4in powerhouse to their midfield, and want a move in the region of €6million done before his tournament gets underway - aware the price could rise significantly".

Good move for all concerned, methinks
    Yup, me too. He did a job for us but I feel he's a bit too static, we need someone in midfield with more pace and mobility.

Do you think they view him as a cheap replacement for milinkovic-savic? I have to say I'm a bit surprised about this one. He could probably use another season in the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Yup, me too. He did a job for us but I feel he's a bit too static, we need someone in midfield with more pace and mobility.
    Good enough for Lazio but too static for Cardiff City

He got better as the loan spell went on for me, dreadful at the start but put in some good appearances. Bit too rash in his challenges sometimes which made him a liability in some games which maybe Warnock lost patience with.

But for about £5.5M (according to that article) for a 23 year old international central midfielder, which we really need, I think he's worth a punt.

Massive part of that 8 game winning streak and we didn't really see much of him after that when Gunnars was fit.
    I'd say he was a success overall.

Bloody hell if he's that cheap ,why are we not buying him , wages or Warnock thinks he's not what we want , if hes this good as folk say why are Liverpool hovering up midfielders, and signing them , hes unproven let move on , get two old heads ie Gareth Barry or Milner and Snodgrass ?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Bloody hell if he's that cheap ,why are we not buying him , wages or Warnock thinks he's not what we want , if hes this good as folk say why are Liverpool hovering up midfielders, and signing them , hes unproven let move on , get two old heads ie Gareth Barry or Milner and Snodgrass ?
    I can't tell whether you want to sign him or not

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Gareth Barry ?????? Are you mad !

Grujic get him in if he’s up for it and around the £6 million mark. Bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Good enough for Lazio but too static for Cardiff City
    How do you know he'll be good enough for them? All anyone knows at the moment is that they are interested in him. Real Madrid /Barcelona could buy him... it's not going to alter anything - yes, too static and not enough movement about him....there, I've said it again!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    nor me ,unsure is the best synopsis of my reply

A bargain at £6m, had he stayed in the team rather than Gunnarsson being forced in we'd have been promoted before the Reading game

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    A bargain at £6m, had he stayed in the team rather than Gunnarsson being forced in we'd have been promoted before the Reading game
    Gosh that would have been a tough call ,didn't Gunnerson smash home a very important goal for us in the 74th minute that won us that tight Forest game ( bloody ground erupted with relief as I remember ) .

Critically we went on to beat Hull away, he played in that , he was still getting his match fitness back , you could see that in his game , would Grujic delivered the same ?? I just think he was too young and naive for the final few ,hence his absence for the Reading game , all called right by the manager in my humble view .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Gosh that would have been a tough call ,didn't Gunnerson smash home a very important goal for us in the 74th minute that won us that tight Forest game ( bloody ground erupted with relief as I remember ) .

Critically we went on to beat Hull away, he played in that , he was still getting his match fitness back , you could see that in his game , would Grujic delivered the same ?? I just think he was too young and naive for the final few ,hence his absence for the Reading game , all called right by the manager in my humble view .
    We kept smashing the ball back to the opposition when Gunnarsson replaced Grujic. Our performances worsened following Gunnarsson's introduction which was noted on here by many. The game at Bramall Lane completely passed him by and he kept getting in the way of Grujic, he did the same at Villa Park