Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FT: PORTUGAL 3 - 3 SPAIN

FT: PORTUGAL 3 - 3 SPAIN

Ronaldo penalty after 4 mins has Portugal in front

Re: PORTUGAL v SPAIN. Match thread

Fantastic game

1-1

After a route one ball from Spain to Costa and he turned them one way and another before scoring.

Pepe was embarrassing in the challenge leading up to the Costa goal ...

Portugal 2-1 Spain

Ronaldo goal, De Gea fumble

Can’t help but think a similar formation and set up as Portugal / Spain would be good for Wales. Bale up top and Ramsey in behind ?

Wow.

Portugal 2-3 Spain.

Costa got a second and then what a third goal. Thump.

Best game so far by a country mile !

Great finish 3-2 Spain ����

Wowza, nearly half as good as Bale

Ronaldo hat trick

boom

That boy can kick a ball !

Spain were outstanding tonight and until Ronaldo's winner looked a shoe-in for the final.
    They only know one way of playing, great for the game of football, but it could be their undoing.

What can you say about Ronaldo though that hasn't been said before. Pure genius!

Re: FT: PORTUGAL 3 - 3 SPAIN

Wow what a fantastic game of football that was...great start to the World Cup.

Yes, I'm not a lover of international games ,but that was some game .

Ronaldo best in the world . Sorry Gringo. If Messi scores a hat trick against opposition similar to Spain, I’ll show my arse in Queen St.!!!!
    Last edited by William Treseder; 16-06-18 at 00:04. Reason: Gramnar

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Yes, I'm not a lover of international games ,but that was some game .
    It would have made a good final, the extra-time would have been interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Ronaldo best in the world . Sorry Gringo. If Messi scores a hat trick against opposition similar to Spain, I’ll show my arse in Queen St.!!!!
    Ronaldo was excellent in a great game, but his hat trick consisted of two dead ball situations and a howler from one of the best keepers in the world - he's still the second best player in the world for me.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Ronaldo was excellent in a great game, but his hat trick consisted of two dead ball situations and a howler from one of the best keepers in the world - he's still the second best player in the world for me.
    The free-kick was technically brilliant, not many players could do that. Especially in a World Cup opener against one of the favourites, with just minutes to go knowing a miss would result in a loss. He's got tremendous willpower and self-belief.

Interesting take. Let's look at it from a different perspective.

He won a penalty with some splendid trickery against a world class defender, slotted it under enormous pressure.

His second was a goalkeeping error, granted, but how often do you see David de Gea make such a howler.
    This has to be at least in part to the fact that it was Ronaldo who took the shot.

The third was again his trickery that drew a poor challenge from a world class defender and slotted a worldy which Danny Murphy predicted would have to go through the wall as was too close to get it up and over.

His concentration and self belief is incredible.

I am not one for singing his praises and the man has many floors but when he is on stage, there are very few in the world who could outshine him, our Gareth being one.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

I am not one for singing his praises and the man has many floors but when he is on stage, there are very few in the world who could outshine him, our Gareth being one.
    I think our Gary may have learned a thing or two from old Ronnie.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    You're entitled to your opinion mate.

Can't remember a better game as a neutral.
    Had Martin Tyler commentating over here (Aust.).
    Top stuff !!

He won a penalty with some splendid trickery against a world class defender, slotted it under enormous pressure.

His second was a goalkeeping error, granted, but how often do you see David de Gea make such a howler.
    This has to be at least in part to the fact that it was Ronaldo who took the shot.

The third was again his trickery that drew a poor challenge from a world class defender and slotted a worldy which Danny Murphy predicted would have to go through the wall as was too close to get it up and over.

I am saying that he is the second best player in the world which is pretty high praise after all. Sorry, but, for me, De Gea's blunder doesn't become less of a mistake because of who had the shot, it was an effort he would have saved ninety nine times out of a hundred.

I am saying that he is the second best player in the world which is pretty high praise after all.
    Another interesting one Bob, so where does Messi feature?

International

I dislike him intensely as am an but he is an outstanding footballer. there was no trickery in the penalty it was stone cold. Contact on the leg which caused him to lose balance as he was moving fast. no question!!