+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: May disappointed with upskirting law

May disappointed with upskirting law

Re: May disappointed with upskirting law

It's a poor parliamentary rule that needs chasing out, whoever is bringing a private members bill , any loon left and right can scupper a well meaning bill .

Perhaps we should take our anger out on the arseholes who are taking these awful photo shots of our daughters ,wives or female .

I'm bemused by the kerfuffle over this. Surely miscreants can already be nabbed for doing that under existing breach of the peace or public order laws. I agree with the MP who blocked it; the merits of any new laws should at least be debated and voted upon.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    I'm bemused by the kerfuffle over this. Surely miscreants can already be nabbed for doing that under existing breach of the peace or public order laws. I agree with the MP who blocked it; the merits of any new laws should at least be debated and voted upon.
    Okay yes you debate the merits of laws when you have a large difference of opinion , surely you embed a rule that a single person cannot block the new law that the majority has agreed ,that's nonsense

I'm assuming the existing public order law is not enough and can easily be defended , and defeated resulting in a drop in cases being brought to court.

If you think that it's nonsense that an elected MP can delay a new law then take a look at the Royal Prerogative because that gives the unelected Her Maj' the power to block any new legislation even if all 650 of her MPs voted for it.

The current laws are sufficient. Why this new law is being pursued is to label it as a sex crime.

If you think that it's nonsense that an elected MP can delay a new law then take a look at the Royal Prerogative because that gives the unelected Her Maj' the power to block any new legislation even if all 650 of her MPs voted for it.

The current laws are sufficient. Why this new law is being pursued is to label it as a sex crime.
    Yep I do think a single person doing that can s a total nonesense and he and few others sit on the back bench and just frustrate due process and club up parliamentary time , which dies not help anyone other that the ego of the actual MP, who enjoys the limelight it brings , apparently he has history on these types of matters , let's hope it hasn't eaten into other essential bill readings , bet it has.

Brilliant protest ,democracy at its best , get locked up in Russia for that protest

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44518706

Anger over a Conservative MP's decision to block a bill to make "upskirting" a criminal offence has manifested itself in an unusual way in Parliament.

The entrance to Sir Christopher Chope's Commons office has been decorated with women's pants in an apparent protest by Commons staff against his actions.

When did the queen last block any legislation?

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    When did the queen last block any legislation?
    I remember being told (by lawyers at Cardiff Uni, who know more than me about this) that the Queen can block legislation. But the Commons and Lords also have the power to take her blocking ability away and say we're not your bitches. So she knows to never push the red button.

She's smart, don't know whether Charlie is smart enough though.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I remember being told (by lawyers at Cardiff Uni, who know more than me about this) that the Queen can block legislation. But the Commons and Lords also have the power to take her blocking ability away and say we're not your bitches. So she knows to never push the red button.

She's smart, don't know whether Charlie is smart enough though.
    They should make her sit a driving test too!