+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bournemouth table £10 mil bid for Mepham

Bournemouth table £10 mil bid for Mepham

Really impressed with him last season, very composed for a centre back. Acquitted himself very well when he came on for Williams early doors against Mexico too. If he continues his progress can see him replacing Williams permanently before to long.

Re: Bournemouth table £10 mil bid for Mepham

Good news if he makes the step up. If our new "promising" generation are gonna succeed at international level then as many players playing at the highest level is exactly what we need. But let's hope he has a good debut on the 2nd game of the season, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Blue View Post
    Good news if he makes the step up. If our new "promising" generation are gonna succeed at international level then as many players playing at the highest level is exactly what we need. But let's hope he has a good debut on the 2nd game of the season, eh?
    Not sure that he'll go straight into their first team so in that respect it would maybe more beneficial for him to be loaned back to Brentford for a season where he will play regularly. However, long term learning your trade under Eddie Howe has to be beneficial in helping him fulfil his undoubted potential. Amen to your last sentence!

He’s the sort of player we should sign to replace one of our ageing centre backs,he can also play right back.He will replace Ashley Williams in Welsh team for World Cup games,brilliant against Mexico!

Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post
    Not sure that he'll go straight into their first team so in that respect it would maybe more beneficial for him to be loaned back to Brentford for a season where he will play regularly. However, long term learning your trade under Eddie Howe has to be beneficial in helping him fulfil his undoubted potential. Amen to your last sentence!
    Yeah, I think you're right about him slowly being introduced to the first team but I'd be surprised if they loaned him back for a season. Despite the riches of the Premier League, Bournemouth's budget isn't the biggest, so £10m would be a sizeable dent for an investment. I personally can see him coming off the bench and then gradually stamping a regular claim.

I also agree with Eddie Howe being a good manager to help his development. He gets his team playing nice fluid football, and has done so with a team that looks fairly average on paper.

Good stuff. Medium to long term I can see us changing from our three centre halves to a back four with Mepham / Lockyer and Ampadu sitting in front of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Good stuff. Medium to long term I can see us changing from our three centre halves to a back four with Mepham / Lockyer and Ampadu sitting in front of them.
    Probably need to start looking for a new right back as well I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Probably need to start looking for a new right back as well I'd say.
    Gunters 28 and got a good few years left in him I reckon. I know plenty don’t rate him but he’s never let Wales down.

Hes never let wales down but contributes absolutely nothing with the ball at his feet unfortunately. I love him to bits but until we have an entire team comfortable in possession we are always going to be up against it at international level.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Blue View Post
    Zohore bullied him big time. Mistake prone - he's nowhere near Prem ready. Needs at least another season in the Championship. But he's "Welsh" I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by Cozoni Wam View Post
    Hes never let wales down but contributes absolutely nothing with the ball at his feet unfortunately. I love him to bits but until we have an entire team comfortable in possession we are always going to be up against it at international level.
    He did put a fine cross in for Vokes to score against Belgium. 👍.

Isn’t that boy down Swansea Connor Roberts a right back ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    He did put a fine cross in for Vokes to score against Belgium. 👍.
    Give me 100 caps and even I would come up with a decent cross eventually.

Brentford turned the offer down didn't they?

They sure did

Bournemouth have also just bid 10m for Brooks, are they trying to be Wales’s Premier team? How can a little team with 11k gates in Premiership afford Welsh players than we can’t?

Is Mepham the player Warnock was on about when he said Bournemouth had beaten him to a signature

It might have been. Or as posted elsewhere it might be Jefferson Lerma.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Gunters 28 and got a good few years left in him I reckon. I know plenty don’t rate him but he’s never let Wales down.
    True, and he may be a JB, but Connor Roberts looks a decent prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Bournemouth have also just bid 10m for Brooks, are they trying to be Wales’s Premier team? How can a little team with 11k gates in Premiership afford Welsh players than we can’t?
    All the years of Premier League money I suppose. The wages for Mepham and Brooks would be less than a lot of other Premier League players as well no doubt. Good investments.