+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Loads of Empty seats

Loads of Empty seats

Anyone else notice the amount of Empty seats at the World Cup?

Re: Loads of Empty seats

Probably some over zealous car park attendant closing the gates 30 minutes before kickoff leaving loads of ticket holders stranded outside.

Quote Originally Posted by SABlue View Post
    Anyone else notice the amount of Empty seats at the World Cup?
    Yes, it looked awful. Like some "'B' Listing" premier league game on a Sunday afternoon when it's on Sky Sports!

The organisers no doubt got the ticketing all wrong and probably well over-priced for the unfashionable games.

I've got to admit, the world cup ain't what it used to be.
    I'd be looking forward to it for months, only missing a game through work commitments in tournaments gone by but this year, though the knockout stages I may well become more interested, I'm not particularly bothered.

Perhaps the locals in Russia feel the same

£££

Nobody's there because it's too much hassle to get into Russia and when you do get there the Authorities are a little 'unpredictable' - as are the natives

Anyone have family or friends out in Russia?

Reading mixed reviews on the support and atmosphere

Loads of empty seats when we played our first game in Bordeaux 2 years ago.

In Russia the locals are priced out of the tickets for the more provincial cities and games between lesser teams never attract the ones who are prepared to pay.

I think a lot of people were put off by the hooligan rumours, I think only 2000 English fans were at their game on Monday.

Apparently there’s been no trouble at all because putin basically has threatened anyone who causes trouble.

1000’s of Peru and other South American fans seem to have made it, which must have been a right expense when you consider how expensive things like flights and accommodation must be. Fair play to them

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Yes, it looked awful. Like some "'B' Listing" premier league game on a Sunday afternoon when it's on Sky Sports!

The organisers no doubt got the ticketing all wrong and probably well over-priced for the unfashionable games.

I've got to admit, the world cup ain't what it used to be.
    I'd be looking forward to it for months, only missing a game through work commitments in tournaments gone by but this year, though the knockout stages I may well become more interested, I'm not particularly bothered.

Perhaps the locals in Russia feel the same
    Can't believe the people's game has been highjacked for profit ,I'm sure the locals are all home huddled up , sharing their TV's with thier neighbour's, somone got to pay for the military investments.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Nobody's there because it's too much hassle to get into Russia and when you do get there the Authorities are a little 'unpredictable' - as are the natives
    Watched the Russia game in St Malo France last night with a Russian . We both chuckled at the propaganda from both sides. Anyone go to Russia will be fine . In fact I bet it will be a great experience .

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Watched the Russia game in St Malo France last night with a Russian . We both chuckled at the propaganda from both sides. Anyone go to Russia will be fine . In fact I bet it will be a great experience .
    You'd probably be fine wherever you went Jimmy, but for the average football supporter their safety is entirely at the mercy of whatever impression Putin wants Russia to give to the world. It appears he's presenting the good host facade at present but it could equally have been the macho one he had chosen.

Having been to Russia reasonably recently I think the concerns for fans safety are well-founded. The mentality of the state over there is completely different to what we experience over here. In fact the visit made enough of an impression on me that, when invited to go and present something in the Ukraine last year, I politely declined for the first time ever as I don't trust the Russian Govt at all with respect to its actions in that disputed territory.

Only £15 a game for the locals

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Only £15 a game for the locals
    Average Russian wage is about $450 a month though.

The commentators discussed this in one of the early matches. The empty seats are simply very expensive. They said Fifa need to address the issue are the cheaper upper seats are packed and it looks terrible on TV.