+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FT France 2 - 1 Australia

Re: VAR Tosh ! France v Australia

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Not bollox
    Fact!
    If it was so "cut & dried", why didn't the Ref blow for it, then check VAR, to see if he was correct ?

The REF, got it right the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    If it was so "cut & dried", why didn't the Ref blow for it, then check VAR, to see if he was correct ?

Fact because he gave the penalty after checking and most agreed it was a pen apart from the idiot that is Phil Neville

Fact because he gave the penalty after checking and most agreed it was a pen apart from the idiot that is Phil Neville
    I gotta get ready for the pub to play cards now, so I have to leave this debate till later.

We won't change each others minds, as you think you're right, as I know I am right

If it happened to a City defender, you'd be "gutted", would you not.

Grizzly "FELL OVER"

I gotta get ready for the pub to play cards now, so I have to leave this debate till later.

We won't change each others minds, as you think you're right, as I know I am right

If it happened to a City defender, you'd be "gutted", would you not.

Grizzly "FELL OVER"
    And if it was zohore you would want s penalty any way enjoy your card game and good luck to whoever is playing you

And if it was zohore you would want s penalty any way enjoy your card game and good luck to whoever is playing you

One last look as I finished my coffee

Re: VAR Tosh ! FT France 2 - 1 Australia

What are you on about he slightly caught the ball with his right foot but griezman was still in on goal he then caught him and fouled him with his left leg
    Griezman wasn't in control of the ball when contact was made because of the tackle by the player - fact. In my opinion, it was likely that the goalie had better than 50/50 chance of getting to the ball first and therefore contact was unlikely to have stopped a goal-line opportunity. Therefore the decision wasn't an obvious one and VAR shouldn't have been used to stop the game.

Re: VAR Tosh ! FT France 2 - 1 Australia

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Griezman wasn't in control of the ball when contact was made because of the tackle by the player - fact. In my opinion, it was likely that the goalie had better than 50/50 chance of getting to the ball first and therefore contact was unlikely to have stopped a goal-line opportunity. Therefore the decision wasn't an obvious one and VAR shouldn't have been used to stop the game.
    I'm home now and glad to see common sense on this subject.

Suppose it happened to a Cardiff City attacker in the final few seconds of the last game of the season when we needed a goal to stay up. You'd have been screaming for a penalty along with every other City fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Suppose it happened to a Cardiff City attacker in the final few seconds of the last game of the season when we needed a goal to stay up. You'd have been screaming for a penalty along with every other City fan.
    What's that got do with the price of fish ?

You are talking hypothetically, we are debating FACT.

IT WAS NOT A PENALTY

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    To be fair, some fans seem to be screaming for a penalty as soon as we're in the opposition's half

VAR will help the referee in clear cut decisions but there will always be grey situations, goal line technology however is well proven with no grey areas.Having been a referee,anything to help the ref to come up with the correct decision is beneficial to the game as other sports have proved.