+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FT: ARGENTINA 1 - 1 ICELAND. Match thread

Re: FT: ARGENTINA 1 - 1 ICELAND. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    For his long throws alone we need to keep Gunnar
    Have we ever scored from a Gunnarsson throw?

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    For his long throws alone we need to keep Gunnar
    Perhaps we were a bit hasty saying goodbye to Greg Halford?

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Yeah the same way Ronaldo did two years ago in the Euros now go back to your dreamworld with supermodels.
    I'm fairly sure he's a 12 year old boy with the way he gushes over Ronaldo

Find it hard to give much support to Gunnar here.

Gave him the benefit of the doubt when we were trying to get promoted in that he'd keep his options open but really think he should've signed his contract once we were promoted. He's had a month to do so but has kept his options open to see how good of a World Cup he has despite the fact we're in the Premier League next season. Been a good servant but poor imo.

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    Find it hard to give much support to Gunnar here.

Gave him the benefit of the doubt when we were trying to get promoted in that he'd keep his options open but really think he should've signed his contract once we were promoted. He's had a month to do so but has kept his options open to see how good of a World Cup he has despite the fact we're in the Premier League next season. Been a good servant but poor imo.
    Gunnars has given us 10 years of 100% commitment and has earned the right to a good contract over the last few years. If we can't offer him what he can get elsewhere then that's as much down to our value of him as his own demands. Like Hoilett he's going to be a free agent shortly with either a good signing on fee and/or a good salary the most likely outcome.

I think he's been a great servant to this club and I'll show him some respect whatever he chooses to do next

If I'm honest I'm frustrated cos Messi was absolute shit today and looked like carrying the pressure of a nation got to him.

I also hate the way Iceland play yet the truth is that if the premier league was the world cup Cardiff City would be Iceland!

Would Iceland and City have enjoyed the success they have done without playing that way though? While City have the option of bringing in players who could change the way we play (I think we simply have to get some in who will make us less wasteful when we have possession), Iceland are, essentially, stuck with what they've got and, although they've got some tidy footballers, they would I'm sure fare just like you would expect the smallest country, in terms of population, ever to play in a World Cup Finals tournament to do if they played in a more open manner - playing in the style they do enables them to punch a long way above their weight.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    [/B][/B]

Would Iceland and City have enjoyed the success they have done without playing that way though? While City have the option of bringing in players who could change the way we play (I think we simply have to get some in who will make us less wasteful when we have possession), Iceland are, essentially, stuck with what they've got and, although they've got some tidy footballers, they would I'm sure fare just like you would expect the smallest country, in terms of population, ever to play in a World Cup Finals tournament to do if they played in a more open manner - playing in the style they do enables them to punch a long way above their weight.
    No they wouldn't Bob and I get the old routing for the underdog thing but when I watch the world cup I hope to see attractive, attacking football and Iceland are none of these things so I hope they go out

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Messi failed to score a hat-trick against a country with a population of only 348,580?
    Ssssh, don't wake the anti Ronaldo brigade who don't get it , they only seem to be activated by dislike of a person rather than recognition the CR7 is the better if the two when you wrap everything up that both deliver.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Ssssh, don't wake the anti Ronaldo brigade who don't get it , they only seem to be activated by dislike of a person rather than recognition the CR7 is the better if the two when you wrap everything up that both deliver.
    Here we go again. I dislike Ronaldo as a person but I genuinely think Messi is a better footballer. I actually think there is no comparison.

You are obviously more taken by power, pace and athleticism whereas I am more taken by finesse, touch, brain and vision so I suppose there is no more to argue.

No they wouldn't Bob and I get the old routing for the underdog thing but when I watch the world cup I hope to see attractive, attacking football and Iceland are none of these things so I hope they go out
    Agreed. Rather see minnows play like Peru did last night.

Here we go again. I dislike Ronaldo as a person but I genuinely think Messi is a better footballer. I actually think there is no comparison.

You are obviously more taken by power, pace and athleticism whereas I am more taken by finesse, touch, brain and vision so I suppose there is no more to argue.
    Stop biting Gringo ffs

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Re: ARGENTINA v ICELAND. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    This might be like watching City next season.
    Most of the Iceland team are Warnock 'type' players.

Wonder if Gunnar will sign a new contract and encourage some of his team-mates to join him (if Cardiff make an offer).

Particularly like the long haired Bjarnason - wonder if Villa will let him go?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Stop biting Gringo ffs

I can't help it mate it baffles me how people can talk such shit. The thread on **** was bizarre. They should stick to goading away fans behind 6 rows of police ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Messi failed to score a hat-trick against a country with a population of only 348,580?
    The same way Ronaldo did at the Euros?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Agreed. Rather see minnows play like Peru did last night.
    Peru have a population of 32m, borders two of the most football mad and best footballing countries in the world and have World Cup pedigree

I wouldn't compare them with Iceland