+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FT: ARGENTINA 1 - 1 ICELAND. Match thread

FT: ARGENTINA 1 - 1 ICELAND. Match thread

Gunnarsson starts. He is our only contracted player (until the end of the month at least when his deal ends), facing Messi, Di Maria, Aguero etc

Re: ARGENTINA v ICELAND. Match thread

Go on Gunnars, stick it to em son!

Argentina's defence are appalling

1 - 1 after 30 mins

This might be like watching City next season.

Iceland have a chance of nicking another one here. Gylfi is a clever player. Far too good for his old club.
    Gunnar doing feck all part from making a nuisance of himself. Nothing new there.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    This might be like watching City next season.
    It's a bit like watching City against Fulham last season.

Iceland and City have a lot in common - under 30% possession, defensively strong, playing on the break, come to life in the final third, and often have the best chances.

I like Iceland!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

Iceland and City have a lot in common - under 30% possession, defensively strong, playing on the break, come to life in the final third, and often have the best chances.

I like Iceland!
    59% pass completion. 70 passes v 333. Created the better chances.

Great side to watch!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

I like Iceland!
    Some good footballers too.
    I do like seeing the opposition shite themselves at Gunnars throw. England couldn't hack it 2 years ago.

Iceland have a line of 5 across back then 3 then 2 , crowding out all the space centrally

Messi penalty saved

I thought that Gunnarsson played very well. Hopefully Iceland won’t miss him in these final ten minutes.

Re: FT: ARGENTINA 1 - 1 ICELAND. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Some good footballers too.
    I do like seeing the opposition shite themselves at Gunnars throw. England couldn't hack it 2 years ago.
    For his long throws alone we need to keep Gunnar

Messi failed to score a hat-trick against a country with a population of only 348,580?

Confused? When Iceland play that way , they get praised! When City play that way, we get slaughtered?

Quote Originally Posted by severncity View Post
    I thought that Gunnarsson played very well. Hopefully Iceland won’t miss him in these final ten minutes.
    He did his job as always - very disciplined and a great captain. Passing a bit hit and miss, but everything else very good.

When the referee took him out off the ball (was it his bad ankle the ref trod on?) I could hear Hartley adding that incident to his 'Premier League Conspiracy Against Cardiff' rant. The evidence is building up.....

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Messi failed to score a hat-trick against a country with a population of only 348,580?
    Yeah the same way Ronaldo did two years ago in the Euros now go back to your dreamworld with supermodels.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Yeah the same way Ronaldo did two years ago in the Euros now go back to your dreamworld with supermodels.
    You don't do jokes then?

You don't do jokes then?
    If I'm honest I'm frustrated cos Messi was absolute shit today and looked like carrying the pressure of a nation got to him.

I also hate the way Iceland play yet the truth is that if the premier league was the world cup Cardiff City would be Iceland!

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    If I'm honest I'm frustrated cos Messi was absolute shit today and looked like carrying the pressure of a nation got to him.

I also hate the way Iceland play yet the truth is that if the premier league was the world cup Cardiff City would be Iceland!
    Just said the same to Norms. Looks like the weight of responsibility is getting too much for him.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    For his long throws alone we need to keep Gunnar
    Eh? When was the last time his long throws led to a goal?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Just said the same to Norms. Looks like the weight of responsibility is getting too much for him.

Everything about Argentina's performance was bizarre today mate. Why the hell would you play two holding midfielders against Iceland ffs.

Di Maria was shocking and defensively they looked like Sunderland!

I've heard Sampaoli believes he can't play Dybala cos he'll get in Messi's space but Messi pretty much played a number 4 most of the game today so why not play Dybala as well?

Messi reminded me of Wayne Rooney at the end of his England career. Dropping deeper and deeper to get the ball and tryout to force it.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    It's not as though Messi hasn't got good players around him. If anybody is carrying his team it's Ronaldo, but he thrives on that sort of thing.

It's not as though Messi hasn't got good players around him. If anybody is carrying his team it's Ronaldo, but he thrives on that sort of thing.

I know you're on a wind up but you swear Portugal are San Marino.

Guedes has been one of the best players in Spain this season, Bernado Silva is a top top player, the boy Guerreiro is a hot prospect, Pepe is the same as Mascherano in that they're both well past their best.

Any team that can keep Quereasma, Joao Mario and Andre Silva on the bench can't be too bad. Don't get me wrong Ronaldo kept them in the game last night but in my opinion the best player on the pitch last night was Isco who was unreal. That's not taking anything away from Ronaldos contribution as his ice cool temperament earned them a point in a game in which they were outplayed as a team.

Argentina are an absolute shambles and anyone who witnessed that shit today amd knows anything about football will tell you how unbalanced and poor they are. You can see why they struggled to qualify and they should be a lot better than they are. Valverde hasn't helped Messi either by playing him in every single copa del Rey game this season and only giving him one game of which they lost to Levante in the league just to save his own arse.