+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cloneball. Have to say, I'm bored already.

Re: Cloneball. Have to say, I'm bored already.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Every tournament is like this though.

However, having seen Saudi Arabia - it's laughable that they think a 48 team tournament is now a good idea. The group stages are, basically, formalities. Knock-out stages are where it all starts.
    We've just seen Mexico beat Germany, Switzerland get a points vs Brazil and Iceland get something from Argentina. This weekend proved it is much more open that we think. I think those three will all get through but it's opened up the whole tournament.

Does everyone now agree that this has been a cracking world cup so far?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Does everyone now agree that this has been a cracking world cup so far?

OP having a mare

It’s better one of the best World Cups in decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    It’s better one of the best World Cups in decades.
    Agreed.

Everyone thought it was going to be shit but Russia have proved themselves to be tremendous hosts so far, much removed from the image of 100 steroid freaks, dressed in black, thinking its 1980, spoiling it for everyone.

Lots of interesting things going on so far. I retain the position that only about 6 sides have the squad depth and experience to win the competition but interesting watching which of those 6 will struggle most and which less heralded nations will go deepest.

Anyone who is not enjoying this World Cup so far needs to start watching another sport in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Anyone who is not enjoying this World Cup so far needs to start watching another sport in my opinion
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Blue View Post
    Is it me or is it a little harder to hate the England team these days? To a certain extent, I think that some of them might have finally realised that they don't deserve to automatically have their name on the trophy and have tempered their expectations a bit.

I'd still piss myself if they didn't progress though.
    not just you mate, don't have sympathy for ingerland,will never hear end of it if they have divine right to win,,

Quote Originally Posted by welshwarrior View Post
    not just you mate, don't have sympathy for ingerland,will never hear end of it if they have divine right to win,,
    Are you Owain Glyndwr?

I’ve given up on the World Cup after last night. If the wrestling and play acting were not enough, now we have referees bottling it and using VAR as the excuse, e.g. the Iran penalty. Referee had lost control of the game long before that mind. Iran were embarrassing. I can just imagine how bad it will get with another 12 teams added next time who are not up to WC level.

It’s just not the game I love to watch any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie View Post
    I’ve given up on the World Cup after last night. If the wrestling and play acting were not enough, now we have referees bottling it and using VAR as the excuse, e.g. the Iran penalty. Referee had lost control of the game long before that mind. Iran were embarrassing. I can just imagine how bad it will get with another 12 teams added next time who are not up to WC level.

You should've watched the Spain v Morocco game

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    +1
    +2
    been brilliant

I admit the VAR made parts of last night a bit odd but it was a brilliant night of football...missed pens, stunning goals, upsets, red card controversy, smaller teams punching above their weight, if that puts you off football then I'm surprised you lasted this long

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I admit the VAR made parts of last night a bit odd but it was a brilliant night of football...missed pens, stunning goals, upsets, red card controversy, smaller teams punching above their weight, if that puts you off football then I'm surprised you lasted this long
    All the things you mentioned are great, no argument there. It’s the other crap I’m fed up with. Players chasing the referee around making tv shapes in the air. Panamanian wrestlers masquerading as footballers. Pepe at the point of death due to a deadly tap on the shoulder. Good grief these are grown men. I know most pro footballers are not amongst the best educated people in the world but this is basic behaviour, have some respect for yourself. Then again many of them are loaded and don’t care.

I am really looking forward to City back in the Prem, but I fear we will see more of this crap again this season.

You act like it magically stops happening in the championship.

All the things you mentioned are great, no argument there. It’s the other crap I’m fed up with. Players chasing the referee around making tv shapes in the air. Panamanian wrestlers masquerading as footballers. Pepe at the point of death due to a deadly tap on the shoulder. Good grief these are grown men. I know most pro footballers are not amongst the best educated people in the world but this is basic behaviour, have some respect for yourself. Then again many of them are loaded and don’t care.

I am really looking forward to City back in the Prem, but I fear we will see more of this crap again this season.
    Yeah I hate all the playacting etc as well, and the least said about Pepe the better. Someone made a good point of he's got kids, how embarrassed would you be to have your kid see you doing that?! And the Panama wrestling was ridiculous, good to see it punished though and hopefully more refereeing like that will begin to stamp it out, they should start doling out punishments after the game for blatant diving too. Like a 1 match ban for Pepe, no appeal, just straight off the bat.

Maybe I find it easier than you to put that stuff aside and enjoy the good bits though. I hope you stick with it, it's a shame for the behaviour of a few dickheads to ruin what overall is a great tournament for you

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    You act like it magically stops happening in the championship.
    That’s the problem, it’s filtering down the longer the powers that be let it go on. I watch a lot of Welsh League football and it’s even creeping in there. Can’t be doing with it.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Yeah I hate all the playacting etc as well, and the least said about Pepe the better. Someone made a good point of he's got kids, how embarrassed would you be to have your kid see you doing that?! And the Panama wrestling was ridiculous, good to see it punished though and hopefully more refereeing like that will begin to stamp it out, they should start doling out punishments after the game for blatant diving too. Like a 1 match ban for Pepe, no appeal, just straight off the bat.

Maybe I find it easier than you to put that stuff aside and enjoy the good bits though. I hope you stick with it, it's a shame for the behaviour of a few dickheads to ruin what overall is a great tournament for you
    More than anything I just get angry with it all, which I shouldn’t and I don’t like. I’m better off going for a walk in the sun 🌞. I’ll prob stick to games where I think less of this will go on and see what happens.

Bump

Some great games going on....

Bump
    Listened on the radio on the way home from work, fair play, I’ve missed an entertaining one there. VAR doing its job and the underdog sneaking it at the end.

Have your thoughts now changed A Quiet Monkfish?