+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mark Lawrenson

Mark Lawrenson

Is the worst pundit in the history of football. How this guy still has a job is beyond me.

Re: Mark Lawrenson

Awful the worst thing about the world cup is the commentary I'd love to punch him and tyldesley in the face

Said as much on Twitter yday mate. That France v Australia wasn’t much of a game anyway, but he made it ten times worse with his sarky negativity. He’s such a dark cloud. I can’t put up with a month of him.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Awful the worst thing about the world cup is the commentary I'd love to punch him and tyldesley in the face
    What about Sam Mattaface!! He’s comparing players height to female tv presenters ffs

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    What about Sam Mattaface!! He’s comparing players height to female tv presenters ffs
    that's the problem there's too many nowadays I can't really think of a commentator apart from g Neville that I actually enjoy listening too but even he's getting too much up his own arse

Said as much on Twitter yday mate. That France v Australia wasn’t much of a game anyway, but he made it ten times worse with his sarky negativity. He’s such a dark cloud. I can’t put up with a month of him.

I know the thought of listening to Eniola Aluko's 'expert' analysis was getting on my tits but if the alternative is "Lawro" then give me a full panel of female footballers!

that's the problem there's too many nowadays I can't really think of a commentator apart from g Neville that I actually enjoy listening too but even he's getting too much up his own arse
    Rio is good. He called Denmark “The Norwegians” last night though

Rio is good. He called Denmark “The Norwegians” last night though
    But he loves Ronnie so that's an instant no no for me

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I know the thought of listening to Eniola Aluko's 'expert' analysis was getting on my tits but if the alternative is "Lawro" then give me a full panel of female footballers!
    She is awful. Absolutely awful. She is so wooden she makes Giggs look like Bruce Forsyth.

Don’t they test these people out beforehand? Or in Alukos case it’s a case of ticks all the right boxes

Black. Check.
    Female. Check.
    Victim. Check.

The only surprise is the Beeb didn’t get her first!!!

We only need Motty

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    We only need Motty
    I can't stand him either

I can't stand him either
    User to be ok but went on far too long.

Lets just watch the games in silence then, as its seems everyone is disliked .

Or make a list of those we can tolerate .

For me I think it should just men, as they play our game , bugger political correctness.

It's not often I agree with virtually every post in a thread but possibly worse than all the above - Robbie Savage has his own daily world cup feature on radio. That's a crime against broadcasting.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Lets just watch the games in silence then, as its seems everyone is disliked .

Or make a list of those we can tolerate .

For me I think it should just men, as they play our game , bugger political correctness.
    With technology today there should be a function where you can switch off the commentators and just have the crowd atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    It's not often I agree with virtually every post in a thread but possibly worse than all the above - Robbie Savage has his own daily world cup feature on radio. That's a crime against broadcasting.
    I’d rather listen to him every day than suffer Lawro again.

Jermaine Jenas, Gary Neville, Carragher, Rio, Lampard, I actually don't mind Hoddle, Shearer has improved, off the top of my head

To think there was a thread on here the other day saying how good Lawro is!!!

Jermaine Jenas, Gary Neville, Carragher, Rio, Lampard, I actually don't mind Hoddle, Shearer has improved, off the top of my head
    Hodfle is great until he's doing an England game

Hodfle is great until he's doing an England game
    Good point

To think there was a thread on here the other day saying how good Lawro is!!!
    He’s like a guy who lost his job due to technology advances, got repositioned in another department and is extremely bitter about it.

I don't mind Higginbotham either and Bellamy is good on the debate. Anyone who actually bothers to do a bit of research is ok.

I quite like Savage, he actually offers a different opinion as opposed to sticking to the same boring cliches ala Michael Owen

With technology today there should be a function where you can switch off the commentators and just have the crowd atmosphere.
    Sky did that a few years ago. Don’t know if they still let you nowadays though

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Sky did that a few years ago. Don’t know if they still let you nowadays though
    Did they? Didn’t know that. Wish I’d known it when Don Goodman or Hinchcliffe were commentating on Fulham and City games towards end of the season

Unfortunately, unless BBC introduce it it still won’t solve our issue with Lawro