Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mark Lawrenson

Re: Mark Lawrenson

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Fabregas is quite good on the BBC, Alex Scott is good as well
    She’s the best of the females but “good” is stretching it

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    I don't mind him so much, but he is turning in to a bit of a 'potty mouth' on twitter, not sure who he is trying to impress ?
    Yea, it’s just his constant hands and arms waving that does my head in

I always watch Keane when the other pundits are talking ,he looks like he’d rather be anywhere than sat with them and like he’s gonna explode at any moment , hes probably thinking “that’s absolute nonsense” when the other pundits are talking

Quote Originally Posted by walinoz View Post
    I always watch Keane when the other pundits are talking ,he looks like he’d rather be anywhere than sat with them and like he’s gonna explode at any moment , hes probably thinking “that’s absolute nonsense” when the other pundits are talking
    You can tell Lee Dixon really gets on his tits.

Keene looks like he could kick off at any second.

Put Lawrenson on the same panel I say, that'd be worth watching

Quote Originally Posted by walinoz View Post
    Keane is brilliant there's no holding back with him

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Keane is brilliant there's no holding back with him
    There's another side to Keane, he comes across as if he is bitter, hates football and footballers in general, there's a '**** um' attitude towards his punditry which can make him entertaining (it that's the correct word) but very clouded in judgement at times, almost resentful towards his fellow professionals.

Best I've listened too was today's commentray and entertaining ITV pundits, for the Brazil v Switzland game

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    There's another side to Keane, he comes across as if he is bitter, hates football and footballers in general, there's a '**** um' attitude towards his punditry which can make him entertaining (it that's the correct word) but very clouded in judgement at times, almost resentful towards his fellow professionals.
    I find Keane boring - he is abrasive but offers little in terms of "punditry". But, to be honest, all during this world cup I tend to do something more interesting when the pundits are talking.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    I find Keane boring - he is abrasive but offers little in terms of "punditry". But, to be honest, all during this world cup I tend to do something more interesting when the pundits are talking.
    I can't really understand why people get worked up about Pundits, i don't really listen, unless they say something completely bizzare or insightful. It's a football match, I've a pretty good understanding of what needs to be done, and i don't feel the need for an ex pro to explain a certain situation to me, in short, i don't take any notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I can't really understand why people get worked up about Pundits, i don't really listen, unless they say something completely bizzare or insightful. It's a football match, I've a pretty good understanding of what needs to be done, and i don't feel the need for an ex pro to explain a certain situation to me, in short, i don't take any notice.
    Same here. People like Cloughie made punditry interesting, only then for it to become all clean and sterile and now Politically Correct. Lee Dixon, Rio Ferdinand, Alan Shearer, Lampard - all you get is middle-of-the-road dirge. The worst of the lot is Redknapp's son, Redknapp.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Same here. People like Cloughie made punditry interesting, only then for it to become all clean and sterile and now Politically Correct. Lee Dixon, Rio Ferdinand, Alan Shearer, Lampard - all you get is middle-of-the-road dirge. The worst of the lot is Redknapp's son, Redknapp.
    RTE make it quite entertaining, Eamon Dunphy, jonny giles and Souness, although Souness tries a little too hard to be one of the boys, anyone that says 'you've had your say' is a bit of a cock in my opinion!

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    IMG_2773.jpg

Go on Roy!
    He's still a cnt after setting up Ireland to kick lumps out of Wales in the last qualifier.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    He's still a cnt after setting up Ireland to kick lumps out of Wales in the last qualifier.
    Not as much as a c unt as Coleman, failing to get us to the WC with Bale and Rambo at his disposal.

Slaven Bilic is brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Slaven Bilic is brilliant
    yes, his I don't care comment, was priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    IMG_2773.jpg

Go on Roy!
    Yeh, he didn't say that. Shockingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Yeh, he didn't say that. Shockingly.
    It wasn't Keane, it was Billy Meredith.

Until you've watched FOX's coverage over here, you should give Lawro a break.

You really have no idea. It's shocking. And it's not like the WC is being showed for the first time over here.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Until you've watched FOX's coverage over here, you should give Lawro a break.

You really have no idea. It's shocking. And it's not like the WC is being showed for the first time over here.

I'm just imagining.... meg nuts

Lawrenson is the co-commentator on the Belgium game now.

I like Colleymore, but haven't had chance to find out exactly where he's broadcasting at the moment. Although I do get his Twitter feed. I must check.

He's dreadful. He sounds like someone Who hates football ffs. Especially anything outside England

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    He's dreadful. He sounds like someone Who hates football ffs. Especially anything outside England
    Slating Pavard yesterday for 90 minutes. As if Pavard was the reason for France's "performance". I'd look at DD, who played 4 centre backs. This France squad could be seriously, seriously good when Zizou gets their hands on them after this tournament.

Collymore is probably a persona non grata at the moment after his Uncle Tom comments to Ian Wright, who works for BBC and ITV.

I dont mind Lawro. Lee Dixon on other hand is useless.