+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mark Lawrenson

Re: Mark Lawrenson

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I don't mind Higginbotham either and Bellamy is good on the debate. Anyone who actually bothers to do a bit of research is ok.
    Higginbotham is good it's a shame Vickery doesn't get much air time I could listen to him all day

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Said as much on Twitter yday mate. That France v Australia wasn’t much of a game anyway, but he made it ten times worse with his sarky negativity. He’s such a dark cloud. I can’t put up with a month of him.
    Put it on mute then-Simple

Is the worst pundit in the history of football. How this guy still has a job is beyond me.
    I don't really care who the pundit is, they all seem to morph into one after about five minutes. Glenn Hoddle isn't bad, but I know what is going on and what is happening, so I don't really listen to them anyway. Iwan Roberts is ok on Radio Wales, and I always enjoyed listening to Ian Walsh, even though the usual defensive City fans on here accused him of Jack Bias when he co-commentates our games, he's very good in my opinion. Ratcliffe is just ****ing hysterical, like a mad old uncle at a wedding party, he can't pronounce foreign names, is usually at odds with Rob Phillips, and can see things that nobody else can, although he takes no prisoners when players aren't competing or putting in a shift.

Jermaine Jenas, Gary Neville, Carragher, Rio, Lampard, I actually don't mind Hoddle, Shearer has improved, off the top of my head
    Jenas can be good but was asked what a team could do to turn things around and said something stupid like "do more."

My problem with Gary Neville and Carragher is that they believe their own hype and forge they ever had a bad game so it turns into hyperbole.

Shearer has improved, true. Think the best pundits are the ones who have done coaching badges or had years of journalism experience so can say more than what everyone has seen on the TV for themselves.

With technology today there should be a function where you can switch off the commentators and just have the crowd atmosphere.
    But they’re letting those plastic horns / vuvuzelas into the stadiums in Russia. The Denmark game last night was like having a load of wasps, high on helium, smashing up my brain!!

It makes for awful coverage.

With technology today there should be a function where you can switch off the commentators and just have the crowd atmosphere.
    They said on radio 5 the other day that you can turn of the tv commentators and have the radio commentary via the red button. May help you. I seem to have the ability to block them out so they don't usually bother me much.

Warnock would be a revelation on there, he comes out with some comedy gold on occasions.

There's a #ShutThe****UpMarkLawrenson on twitter, he's such a cock.

When Mataface says a team is "shooting" from left to right at the KO I could strangle the c unt.

Lineker does my nut in with all gesticulating
    He’s all arms in your face

Hate the man

Normally Canadian TV has the most dreadful pundits - Danny Dichio is truly shite and Steven Caldwell not much better.

BUT for the World Cup they’ve drafted in Carl Robinson who’s been pretty good, but best of all is they’ve got Howard Webb doing refereeing review and VAR stuff. He’s actually really good and really insightful

Past his useful comment sell by date. Time he retired to his home in Mallorca.

Am I the only one annoyed they keep calling Hernandez chicareito(spelling)

Oh ffs can we have one half time analysis without an England feature

Oh ffs can we have one half time analysis without an England feature
    Patience!

To be fair, I haven't noticed much of that either!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    They said on radio 5 the other day that you can turn of the tv commentators and have the radio commentary via the red button. May help you. I seem to have the ability to block them out so they don't usually bother me much.
    Having been married twice, this is a skill I've developed quite well. The lips are moving but there's no sound.

Quote Originally Posted by walinoz View Post
    Lineker does my nut in with all gesticulating
    He’s all arms in your face
    I don't mind him so much, but he is turning in to a bit of a 'potty mouth' on twitter, not sure who he is trying to impress ?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    To be fair, I haven't noticed much of that either!
    Plenty in this game on at the minute

Lawrenson is alright, doesn't take himself too seriously and is probably the one pundit who realises nobody really cares what is being said.

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    I don't mind him so much, but he is turning in to a bit of a 'potty mouth' on twitter, not sure who he is trying to impress ?
    He's a bit brain-dead tbh. Rails against companies that legally avoid tax.

Like many footballers, he's used those bs film vehicle companies that generate losses leading to directors paying less tax - legal but a lot less ethical than a lot of schemes.

Gets called out on it? "I paid my legal tax according to my accountant". Well, Gary, so did those companies you complain against.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Lawrenson is alright, doesn't take himself too seriously and is probably the one pundit who realises nobody really cares what is being said.
    This says more about you

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    This says more about you

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    This says more about you

Fabregas is quite good on the BBC, Alex Scott is good as well