+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wales Team up to 3rd in World!

Re: Wales Team up to 3rd in World!

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Faletau is still way ahead of any other 8 in the NH.
    Moriarty has been outstanding this summer. Faletau will have to be on top form to remain first choice

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    You would rather wales wasn't successful
    In rugby? God, no. The media frenzy would almost be as bad as if England won the football world cup.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Were Argentina playing a weakened side? Wales looked absolutely on top against a side who had been, as far as I'm aware, quite good in the last 3-4 years.
    It was full strength but they've been poor for the past few years and struggled against other tier 1 nations.

We could be no. 1 in the world but when it matters against the best they just don't have it in them mentally going into the final 20.

I don't rate aled Davies at all
    Does he drink a lot then?

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Yep. He will not play for Wales again unless he returns home.
    He won’t be in a rush either considering the £500k contract he’s got in France.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    In rugby? God, no. The media frenzy would almost be as bad as if England won the football world cup.

I can’t understand that one bit. So if we had won the euros you wouldn’t be happy if we had too many plaudits?

I can’t understand that one bit. So if we had won the euros you wouldn’t be happy if we had too many plaudits?
    I think it’s more that the BBC et. al. go mental when Wales win a rugby match but football in Wales is largely ignored despite it being the bigger sport in terms of participation and supporter numbers. We have to get to the Euro finals to get some positive press but Wales beat Romania in a World Cup (which they almost automatically qualify for due to the low numbers of countries playing international rugby) and it’s all over the back pages how great they are.

Their are 105 countries with a World ranking in International Rugby Union Duggie but like football only about 8 in with a chance of winning, Wales have an outside chance after previously reaching two semi finals. In Football unfortunately Wales have only reached the World finals once in 1958 but they did reach the quarterfinals. In the club games at present due their recent success Cardiff and Swansea pull in good crowds but Newport and Wrexham only get a few thousand as we did in the four division. In Rugby the four professional regions average about 10k, much less than Cardiff and Swansea but double Newport and Wrexham’s gates?
    At International level Wales Rugby Crowds are double Wales Football crowds so all in all I would say it’s pretty even?
    However if City get established in the Premiership, I reckon 40k+ crowds would be the norm,it’s all about success?

In all fairness the three summer tests weren't the best performances but like most have commented that its fantastic to actually see us having depth in our squad ........ in the past years three or four injuries and we wouldn't be able to compete. As for our chances in the World cup - Its way too far away to even guess, player Injuries and form will determine a teams odds.

But If I was Gatland and his management team I would be quietly confident knowing we have some decent young players that have come through the ranks and been blooded at senior International level

The future looks bright

No, I'd be delighted if Welsh football was given anywhere near the plaudits the egg chasers get. As it is they don't. Football, despite being watched and played by more people in Wales than rugby, always has to play second fiddle in a biased, egg-orientated media. I despise Welsh rugby, not the sport itself. Anything that leads to its death and destruction would be fine by me.

No, I'd be delighted if Welsh football was given anywhere near the plaudits the egg chasers get. As it is they don't. Football, despite being watched and played by more people in Wales than rugby, always has to play second fiddle in a biased, egg-orientated media. I despise Welsh rugby, not the sport itself. Anything that leads to its death and destruction would be fine by me.
    Seems odd to me, why do people get so jealous of the wru having more coverage in the local rag? Should the blues fans kick up a fuss because Wales online are banging on more about Cardiff city than them? Anyone who wouldn't want Wales to succeed at anything isn't a true Welshman/Welsh women imo. I don't like netball or many other sports but I want my country to win everything

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Wales are 18-1 sixth favourite to win the 2019 World Cup.

But I have huge faith in Warren and the boys. I love a bit of rugby me.

It couldn’t be classed as a genuine rugby thread unless you contributed. Moth to a flame and all that.

The hatred of rugby on here is truly pathetic. You never come across such venom from the rugby community about football in Wales.

I love sport, I love Welsh sport. The attitudes of many are pathetic, to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    The hatred of rugby on here is truly pathetic. You never come across such venom from the rugby community about football in Wales.

I love sport, I love Welsh sport. The attitudes of many are pathetic, to be honest.
    Many rugger fans are scathing about football, often referring to it as wendyball and dismissing it as a poofs game. When I was younger and a bit more naive I once wore a Wales football top to a Wales v All blacks game and I had more than the odd comment, some quite abusive. It was a real eye opener.

Seems odd to me, why do people get so jealous of the wru having more coverage in the local rag? Should the blues fans kick up a fuss because Wales online are banging on more about Cardiff city than them? Anyone who wouldn't want Wales to succeed at anything isn't a true Welshman/Welsh women imo. I don't like netball or many other sports but I want my country to win everything
    Totally agree, I always want Wales to win, whatever the sport and enjoy watching rugby union as well as football. It is allowed to like and support both sports!