+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wales Team up to 3rd in World!

Wales Team up to 3rd in World!

Our egg chasers are up the 3rd in World after winning last five Internationals, have we any chance of winning World Cup?

Re: Wales Team up to 3rd in World!

Gatland was up penygraig labour couple of months ago confident we can do it, we have some brilliant players coming through but all in the same position, any one see Moriarty's red card

Yes, the Argie outside half kicked him so he got him in a choke tackle by the throat and wouldn’t let go! However,they shook hands after the final whistle, Moriarty just lost it for a minute!

Two brilliant displays by our so called 2nd string.
    At last we seem to have some depth to our squad.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Gatland was up penygraig labour couple of months ago confident we can do it, we have some brilliant players coming through but all in the same position, any one see Moriarty's red card
    Very impressed by our young players. Suddenly we have real strength in depth now. It’s not just at openside. Josh Adams is a terrific winger, Dillon Lewis looks like a cracking prop, Adam Beard an excellent lock. Owen Watkin in the centre etc etc.

As for our backrow..dear God we have an embarrassment of riches.
    Shame about the red card but Moriarty was phenomenal and is pushing Faletau all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    Two brilliant displays by our so called 2nd string.
    At last we seem to have some depth to our squad.
    No doubt about it now. This was primarily a second/third string side but for how much longer? The likes of Warburton, Halfpenny, Biggar and Faletau are no longer guaranteed to start.

Wales are 18-1 sixth favourite to win the 2019 World Cup.

But I have huge faith in Warren and the boys. I love a bit of rugby me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    No doubt about it now. This was primarily a second/third string side but for how much longer? The likes of Warburton, Halfpenny, Biggar and Faletau are no longer guaranteed to start.
    Yes, the Lions will certainly be looking over their shoulders nervously.

Exactly what is needed.

Great to see this happening when England appear to be in free fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Yes, the Lions will certainly be looking over their shoulders nervously.

Exactly what is needed.

Great to see this happening when England appear to be in free fall.

Yep. We have lacked strength in depth for as long as I can remember. Not now. If Gatland selects on form rather than reputation some big names are going to be in for a shock.

What's the situation with Webb is he out of contention because he has under 50 caps

What's the situation with Webb is he out of contention because he has under 50 caps
    Yep. He will not play for Wales again unless he returns home.

Yep. He will not play for Wales again unless he returns home.
    He's world class and we could do with him

He's world class and we could do with him
    I’ve never thought him as highly as that. He is our first choice nine but I don’t think he is that much better than Gareth Davies, Tomos Williams or Aled Davies.

I’ve never thought him as highly as that. He is our first choice nine but I don’t think he is that much better than Gareth Davies, Tomos Williams or Aled Davies.
    I don't rate aled Davies at all

I don't rate aled Davies at all
    He played very well last night. His box kicks were excellent. Webb used to spend too much messing around at the base of the ruck and not getting the ball out to the backs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Our egg chasers are up the 3rd in World after winning last five Internationals, have we any chance of winning World Cup?
    Nope , they jne cgance , no chance , standings are madness , its the same for Welsh footy who I think went to 13th in the World in 2017 ,on that basis should they not be in Russia

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Nope , they jne cgance , no chance , standings are madness , its the same for Welsh footy who I think went to 13th in the World in 2017 ,on that basis should they not be in Russia
    Why are the standings madness?

Great news cause when the City go to shit we can all go back to watching the rugger

They dont match the actual status of the international sides I'd do away with them they serve no purpose , just draw teams like the FA Cup and get on with it is my view . You win you progress , if you lose you go home .

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Very impressed by our young players. Suddenly we have real strength in depth now. It’s not just at openside. Josh Adams is a terrific winger, Dillon Lewis looks like a cracking prop, Adam Beard an excellent lock. Owen Watkin in the centre etc etc.

As for our backrow..dear God we have an embarrassment of riches.
    Shame about the red card but Moriarty was phenomenal and is pushing Faletau all the way.
    The other nice aspect about our embarrassment of riches in the back row is that England can’t find any backrow forwards at all who can compete for the ball in the tackle

Hope not. Couldn't stand the media adulation and invasion of all things egg.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Hope not. Couldn't stand the media adulation and invasion of all things egg.
    You would rather wales wasn't successful

Were Argentina playing a weakened side? Wales looked absolutely on top against a side who had been, as far as I'm aware, quite good in the last 3-4 years.

Faletau is still way ahead of any other 8 in the NH.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Were Argentina playing a weakened side? Wales looked absolutely on top against a side who had been, as far as I'm aware, quite good in the last 3-4 years.
    Nope. They were playing their best squad