+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: England Team Camerarderie 😂

England Team Camerarderie 😂

The media are bigging up how wonderful the England squad are enjoying themselves and relaxed, playing darts and pool etc against the reporters etc.
    They will never get anywhere near the genuine naturally togetherness that Wales had at the Euros. The english are deluded thinking they can and all the hype in the world wont do it 😊

Re: England Team Camerarderie 😂

FFS They are coming home and we will all love it.

Come on TUNISIA

It's CAMARADERIE

Quote Originally Posted by Watamistakatomaka View Post
    The media are bigging up how wonderful the England squad are enjoying themselves and relaxed, playing darts and pool etc against the reporters etc.
    They will never get anywhere near the genuine naturally togetherness that Wales had at the Euros. The english are deluded thinking they can and all the hype in the world wont do it 😊
    Why can't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Why can't they?
    Lots of egos in that squad. Not as many as in previous tournaments, granted, but the first bad result will expose their team spirit.

Who are the big egos in that england squad? They all come across as down to earth lads

Good luck to them, I’ve got a few English mates and hope they do well.

Its all so predictable

Every tournament the new manager is either "ensuring discipline amongst the squad" or "treating them like adults and giving them freedom", it appears the narrative is following the latter this time around

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Its all so predictable

Every tournament the new manager is either "ensuring discipline amongst the squad" or "treating them like adults and giving them freedom", it appears the narrative is following the latter this time around
    But it does feel different this time - sadly. Southgate doesn't have an ego and England seem to have learnt from Wales, NI, Ireland at the euros regarding team building and enjoying the tournament, and the media seem to be playing up reduced expectations. It's also a team that has practiced playing more than one system, some quality players and players are more rested than some European counterparts.

There are about 6 teams with squad depth and experience to win the tournament and England (sadly) are one of those. I hope not though.

I dont think they can win it. No way are there lots of egos there though. Dont get that comment at all.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post

It's CAMARADERIE
    Is that the Italian lad that was recommended by Sir Alex Ferguson?

It’s completely irrational but I want everybody to beat England at Rugby, yet when it comes to football it’s only Wales I want them to lose to.

I hope they win it, and if he plays that 3 centre back system I think they could be dark horses. None of the usual suspects have impressed me so far - the best I’ve seen was Mexico in the first half today

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    It’s completely irrational but I want everybody to beat England at Rugby, yet when it comes to football it’s only Wales I want them to lose to.

I hope they win it, and if he plays that 3 centre back system I think they could be dark horses. None of the usual suspects have impressed me so far - the best I’ve seen was Mexico in the first half today
    Jesus. Just imagine the aftermath in the media. They’ve dined out on 66 for the last 50 years. It would be unbearable.

Spain have been comfortably the best so far for me. 9/10 times they win that game easily with the way they played

I'm not angry, just disappointed

England get carried away with themselves, just like their fans do.

I remember back in the 80's pubs in Cardiff would be full of English wannabes.

We talk of plastics, back in the 80's many so called hard core city fans would travel following English clubs. Lpool, Villa, Spurs, Chelsea etc. Anyone who denies this are talking shite

Even Celtic/Rangers. A small group would travel to see Dunfermline .

Come on Tunisia/Panama/Belgium

I'm sure any squad is capable of creating a togetherness, it's entirely down to those involved. I love the euros but for all our togetherness we struggled against an underwhelming Portugal and then failed to qualify for the world cup so clearly togetherness only gets you so far.

Ours formed over a longer period because we have little choice who to pick.

I hope England win it all, their fans have waited long enough and after seeing most of the teams so far I don't think it's entirely unlikely they can do well.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

My wife’s put money on them to win it

Kiss of death nqat

Having lived in England for forty years and having so many English friends I can't be anti-England. In fact, I'm hosting a mini-soirée in my Beach Bar tonight (i.e. converted shed) and showing the match on TV for them - and I hope they have something to be excited about.

We all know thoroughly decent English people who deserve success - Gareth Southgate comes across as one - but we also see with Team GB that England's FA will try everything to put England before other home nations. We also know that England being successful we reduce chances of future Woodburn's.

There are English people who deserve every success but it's not the current England FA body.

Quote Originally Posted by Watamistakatomaka View Post
    They will never get anywhere near the genuine naturally togetherness that Wales had at the Euros. The english are deluded thinking they can and all the hype in the world wont do it ��
    YOU MIGHT BE AT THE WORLD CUP BUT WE WERE BETTER FRIENDS TWO YEARS AGO

I wish we'd stop this nonsense, makes us look bitter and smalltime

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post

👍

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post

Yes, me too.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    We all know thoroughly decent English people who deserve success - Gareth Southgate comes across as one - but we also see with Team GB that England's FA will try everything to put England before other home nations. We also know that England being successful we reduce chances of future Woodburn's.

There are English people who deserve every success but it's not the current England FA body.
    Not sure I understand that one?

Who cares?