Real betis confirmed for home pre season friendly

Re: Gringo will be happy

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Real betis confirmed for home pre season friendly
    Goals goals goals!!

Confirmed. Cardiff City v Real Betis. CCS. Saturday Aug 4th, ko 5:15pm

Re: Cardiff City v Real Betis. Confirmed

That's brilliant mate. Hope Setien will still be manager, and Dalman and Choo tap him up when Warnock leaves. Looks like Fabian will be moving to Napoli though.

It will certainly be a clash of styles.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Confirmed. Cardiff City v Real Betis. CCS. Saturday Aug 4th, ko 5:15pm
    5-15

Betis was the team I was hoping for - pleased by that.

Maybe the odd kick off time is for TV coverage?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Betis was the team I was hoping for - pleased by that.

Maybe the odd kick off time is for TV coverage?
    Getting us used to the kick offs for the Prem...

Jokes aside, they're a terrific side and I'll be there. Betis could get Dani Ceballos back to replace Fabian, he's a player.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Getting us used to the kick offs for the Prem...

Jokes aside, they're a terrific side and I'll be there. Betis could get Dani Ceballos back to replace Fabian, he's a player.
    Ceballos has been wasted at Madrid. If Betis are in the market for him then he wouldn't cost too much, I'm surprised someone like Spurs don't go for him.
    He'd probably cost less than James Maddison and as much as I like Maddison that is bizarre!

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    5-15
    Its going to beamed all around the world, on all global networks , people have woken up to the Cardiff way and is being copied by sides everywhere, based on the theory of not going over 38% possession, wait until the other side pass themselves too death .

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    That's brilliant mate. Hope Setien will still be manager, and Dalman and Choo tap him up when Warnock leaves. Looks like Fabian will be moving to Napoli though.

It will certainly be a clash of styles.
    They wont like it up 'em

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Ceballos has been wasted at Madrid. If Betis are in the market for him then he wouldn't cost too much, I'm surprised someone like Spurs don't go for him.
    He'd probably cost less than James Maddison and as much as I like Maddison that is bizarre!
    I saw some link with him going back to Betis for €16m. That's £6m less than Maddison, and only £3m more than we paid for Murphy. The transfer market over here is crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Its going to beamed all around the world, on all global networks , people have woken up to the Cardiff way and is being copied by sides everywhere, based on the theory of not going over 38% possession, wait until the other side pass themselves too death .
    Whilst this may be very tongue in cheek, it's not too far from the truth.

Two fancied "good passing" sides in the WC could only manage draws against mediocre sides and the holders got beat.

When the Italians dominated international football and Serie A considered the best league in the world, the model was not to concede, pissing about with it at the back with the opposition retreating to their own half and little penalty box action... luckily along came Spain to show how you can win playing good attacking football.

God help us all if those days return!

The Warnock way will do nicely

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Whilst this may be very tongue in cheek, it's not too far from the truth.

Two fancied "good passing" sides in the WC could only manage draws against mediocre sides and the holders got beat.

When the Italians dominated international football and Serie A considered the best league in the world, the model was not to concede, pissing about with it at the back with the opposition retreating to their own half and little penalty box action... luckily along came Spain to show how you can win playing good attacking football.

God help us all if those days return!

The Warnock way will do nicely
    Partly younger cheek , but we are seeing sides with the higher possession , my humble opinion is its down to the fact clubs will never compete against the great passing sides, and have come up with alternative methods .

Ticky tack football in your own half is now manageable, once they cross the halfway line , it changes,and your up and at them, putting them on the back foot and disrupting their walkabout passing momentum they employ , we must deploy this tactic with venom next year, to stay up.

Why would a friendly against an average la liga team be on TV?