+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wales Campaign tickets - lots of empty seats

Wales Campaign tickets - lots of empty seats

I know it's months ahead and many have just coughed up for City (or other) season tickets but I'm surprised how many didn't take up their renewals. 1000's of seats available right across the stadium. Moved from Ninian to the Canton for the next one.

Re: Wales Campaign tickets - lots of empty seats

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    I know it's months ahead and many have just coughed up for City (or other) season tickets...
    Probably. Although i am sure sales will pick up, it seems to be one or the other, Wales or City and not both.

I suspect future sales will depend on how well we start the campaign for people to go with both.
    Call it fickle fairweather fans, plastics, glory hunters or whatever, people want entertainment, e.g. Ed Sheeron.

Another thing, are people that bothered going to see the game live when the big crowd experience on a big screen with beers is available?

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Probably. Although i am sure sales will pick up, it seems to be one or the other, Wales or City and not both.

I suspect future sales will depend on how well we start the campaign for people to go with both.
    The campaign ticket covers the Nations League games against Ireland & Denmark as well as the Euros, we'll have only played 4 league games by then. A clever ploy by the FAW to get money in the back 9 months before the Euro Qualifying begins.

Tbh I'd forgotten. Had the original email but nothing since reminding me.
    Never mind I'll just renew and move to cheaper seats.

I guess there are many (like me) who would happily buy a "campaign ticket" for the Euro qualifiers but have no enthusiasm for the Nations League thingy. The situation isn't helped by us drawing RoI - they'd have to pay me to get me to watch them again!

I am glad we have drawn them, we owe them one big time. Also it will be a good measuring stick for us in terms of how much we have progressed under Giggs. We have really struggled against teams like Ireland in the last 4 years and we need to put that right if we want to qualify for more tourno's.

Completely forgot to renew mine

Remember to add the cost of the Spain friendly ticket at the Principality Stadium to your campaign ticket.

They may downsize and play at Jenner Park .

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Tbh I'd forgotten. Had the original email but nothing since reminding me.
    Never mind I'll just renew and move to cheaper seats.
    Me too. I presume we can renew nearer the time?

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I've just renewed mine, plenty of availability

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    I guess there are many (like me) who would happily buy a "campaign ticket" for the Euro qualifiers but have no enthusiasm for the Nations League thingy. The situation isn't helped by us drawing RoI - they'd have to pay me to get me to watch them again!
    This is exactly how I feel. I will not attend the game against RoI. Theynarevanti football. Will see if I can sort out a campaign ticket for the Euro qualifiers

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I'd say that roughly 40% of the tickets were renewed.

The rools!

Stage 1 - RENEWALS Opens Thursday 17th May (10am) and closes Thursday 14th June (5pm)

Previous tournament ticket holders will be able to renew their seats or select an alternative. Seats will be reserved until 5pm on Thursday 14th June only. Members who did not purchase the last tournament ticket will be able to buy any available seat as a Campaign Ticket.

Stage 2 - RED WALL MEMBERS Opens Monday 18th June 2018 (10am)

Any reserved seats which have not been purchased by 5pm on 14th June will be available for all members to purchase as a Campaign Ticket.

Stage 3 - OPEN SEASON From Friday 29th June 2018 (10am)

Campaign Ticket availability will be reduced as we prepare for the individual matches to go on sale. Campaign Tickets will remain on sale while seats are available but members are advised to book as early as possible to avoid disappointment.

I haven't renewed my tournament tickets for two reasons:

1) I just didn't enjoy watching games up in the Red Elephant Stand. It lacked atmosphere even at the best of times.

2) I don't have any interest at all in this Nations League nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

1) I just didn't enjoy watching games up in the Red Elephant Stand. It lacked atmosphere even at the best of times.

It’s hardly going to be a “red elephant” stand for the coming season.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

I don't even understand what this Nations League is. Is it replacing qualifying for the next Euro's?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    I don't even understand what this Nations League is. Is it replacing qualifying for the next Euro's?
    Its dressing up friendlies as competitive games.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    What is "The Red Elephant Stand"? I assume you mean the Upper Ninian? Then why not renew in the main bowl if the atmosphere was such an issue? Although, so many people have enjoyed both the view and the noise of the Wales games in the Upper Ninian, that I'm not sure you were there at "the best of times".

Perhaps just one reason suffices not to renew, or did you simply feel an urge to further your anti-Tan agenda with this remark? In fact, it seems to me, that you could just have referred to the Upper Ninian Stand. Ho hum.

It’s messy but it’s really replacing friendlies and I think it will provide the winners of each Nations League with a place in the Euros. There are four Leagues A,B,C and D. The winners of each will qualify for the finals. It means that a really weak team in D will make the finals. It’s bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    It’s messy but it’s really replacing friendlies and I think it will provide the winners of each Nations League with a place in the Euros. There are four Leagues A,B,C and D. The winners of each will qualify for the finals. It means that a really weak team in D will make the finals. It’s bizarre.
    So we will have a qualifying campaign as well? We have a Euro's to get to in 2020.

So we will have a qualifying campaign as well? We have a Euro's to get to in 2020.
    Yes we are in a mini League with Ireland and Denmark. The team that finishes top then goes into play offs against the other three winners of the mini Leagues in group B. The winners of the play offs qualify for the Euros. It would be much easier to qualify if we were rated in band D against really weak countries. It’s madness.

The Euro qualifiers start about six months later than usual in about March of next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dargavel View Post
    What is "The Red Elephant Stand"? I assume you mean the Upper Ninian? Then why not renew in the main bowl if the atmosphere was such an issue? Although, so many people have enjoyed both the view and the noise of the Wales games in the Upper Ninian, that I'm not sure you were there at "the best of times".

Perhaps just one reason suffices not to renew, or did you simply feel an urge to further your anti-Tan agenda with this remark? In fact, it seems to me, that you could just have referred to the Upper Ninian Stand. Ho hum.
    I think you targeted your response to the wrong person there mate.

Don't know a huge amount the new friendly system but am I right in saying it replaces/has some impact on the play-off system for the Euros?

More competitive friendlies, organised friendlies sound good - even if we have not had the best draw.

Please do get a campaign ticket though, plenty of positive things to come and you can see how positivity built from Bosnia game onwards where we fought to the end. Nothing worse than empty seats.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Don't know a huge amount the new friendly system but am I right in saying it replaces/has some impact on the play-off system for the Euros?

More competitive friendlies, organised friendlies sound good - even if we have not had the best draw.

Please do get a campaign ticket though, plenty of positive things to come and you can see how positivity built from Bosnia game onwards where we fought to the end. Nothing worse than empty seats.
    Firstly we play Ireland and Denmark home and away this autumn. If we come top we’re in the Nations league finals (to be played after the normal qualifiers)

Then we have the normal Euro 2020 qualifying draw in December (games to be played March - November 2019. If we don’t qualify that way we get another go -

Then it’s the Nations league finals. We play the other three top teams from group B (let’s say Austria, Sweden and Slovakia) in two semis and a final. The winner qualifies for 2020.

It’s better than friendlies of course but there is the obvious problem that, if we win our group we also get promoted to group A, making it much harder to qualify for subsequent tournaments through this route.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Dont let the truth get in the way, you knows the rules