+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wales Campaign tickets - lots of empty seats

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Wales Campaign tickets - lots of empty seats

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dargavel View Post
    What is "The Red Elephant Stand"? I assume you mean the Upper Ninian? Then why not renew in the main bowl if the atmosphere was such an issue? Although, so many people have enjoyed both the view and the noise of the Wales games in the Upper Ninian, that I'm not sure you were there at "the best of times".

Perhaps just one reason suffices not to renew, or did you simply feel an urge to further your anti-Tan agenda with this remark? In fact, it seems to me, that you could just have referred to the Upper Ninian Stand. Ho hum.
    I think you targeted your response to the wrong person there mate.

Don't know a huge amount the new friendly system but am I right in saying it replaces/has some impact on the play-off system for the Euros?

More competitive friendlies, organised friendlies sound good - even if we have not had the best draw.

Please do get a campaign ticket though, plenty of positive things to come and you can see how positivity built from Bosnia game onwards where we fought to the end. Nothing worse than empty seats.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Don't know a huge amount the new friendly system but am I right in saying it replaces/has some impact on the play-off system for the Euros?

More competitive friendlies, organised friendlies sound good - even if we have not had the best draw.

Please do get a campaign ticket though, plenty of positive things to come and you can see how positivity built from Bosnia game onwards where we fought to the end. Nothing worse than empty seats.
    Firstly we play Ireland and Denmark home and away this autumn. If we come top we’re in the Nations league finals (to be played after the normal qualifiers)

Then we have the normal Euro 2020 qualifying draw in December (games to be played March - November 2019. If we don’t qualify that way we get another go -

Then it’s the Nations league finals. We play the other three top teams from group B (let’s say Austria, Sweden and Slovakia) in two semis and a final. The winner qualifies for 2020.

It’s better than friendlies of course but there is the obvious problem that, if we win our group we also get promoted to group A, making it much harder to qualify for subsequent tournaments through this route.