+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Joe Allen signs new 4 year contract with Stoke

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Joe Allen signs new 4 year contract with Stoke

Stoke seem to be operating as if they weren't relegated - if there's any justice, they'll become another Villa.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Stoke seem to be operating as if they weren't relegated - if there's any justice, they'll become another Villa.
    That for me is what makes FFP nonsense , you can spend anything as long as your rich , or have a rich benefactor , certainty makes a nonsense out the words fair play , should read RFP Rich Fair Play and hurts those smaller clubs with not so much revenue or crowds trying to improve themselves .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    That for me is what makes FFP nonsense , you can spend anything as long as your rich , or have a rich benefactor , certainty makes a nonsense out the words fair play , should read RFP Rich Fair Play and hurts those smaller clubs with not so much revenue or crowds trying to improve themselves .
    It isn't nonsense. They are going for broke here Stoke and if they don't go up they will have to spend the next 2 years slashing their wage bill. Forest seemed to be doing the same, think they have just shelled out 13m on a Portuguese player.

Its a risky strategy, but it does give you 1 decent shot at promotion every 3 years.

Villa thought they could roll the dice twice and are now paying the price.

Total lack of ambition from him dropping back into the Championship.

Hes one of Wales 3 best, and most important players, and we need him plying his trade in the Premier League.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Total lack of ambition from him dropping back into the Championship.

Hes one of Wales 3 best, and most important players, and we need him plying his trade in the Premier League.
    Spot on. We need our best players regularly starting in the top flight.

Quote Originally Posted by Cozoni Wam View Post
    It isn't nonsense. They are going for broke here Stoke and if they don't go up they will have to spend the next 2 years slashing their wage bill. Forest seemed to be doing the same, think they have just shelled out 13m on a Portuguese player.

Its a risky strategy, but it does give you 1 decent shot at promotion every 3 years.

Villa thought they could roll the dice twice and are now paying the price.
    Sh*t or bust

might aswell go " all in " at the 1st attempt

makes it a little exciting for the Stokies aswell, look at Newcastle, they went all in the ran away with the Championship when they came down

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Sh*t or bust

makes it a little exciting for the Stokies aswell, look at Newcastle, they went all in the ran away with the Championship when they came down
    I'd probably want us to do the same If i'm honest. I think Stoke will go straight back up with that squad. And if they dont, the last two parachute payments should give them enough breathing space to get their finances back under control (assuming they dont do a villa).

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    He's 28, will turn 29 next season. I want him playing against the best, so his standards are kept high. He should play at the highest level he can, especially as he'd walk into a lot of PL sides.
    So do I, but looking at the positives he will be playing regularly and assuming Stoke have a good season that will benefit his confidence when he links up with Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by Cozoni Wam View Post
    I'd probably want us to do the same If i'm honest. I think Stoke will go straight back up with that squad. And if they dont, the last two parachute payments should give them enough breathing space to get their finances back under control (assuming they dont do a villa).

Indeed

I want us to throw a little more money at staying in the prem, once again, Sh*t or bust, i dont like this theory of playing a sensible game and we will be financially stronger if we go down as we will have this seasons money to pay off debts, we owe Vinnie far too much money to worry about it

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Sh*t or bust

They had a far better base than Stoke, and a world class manager in Rafa.

International

^^^^this!

they did, but in for a penny and all that

no point being sat in the championship