+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FT SWEDEN 1 - 0 SOUTH KOREA

FT SWEDEN 1 - 0 SOUTH KOREA

I've been on the phone and not watching so this is a belated match thread

Re: FT SWEDEN 1 - 0 SOUTH KOREA

Perfect use of VAR for the goal, referee made a mistake not rewarding a clear penalty to Sweden, they reviewed it and gave Sweden the penalty

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Perfect use of VAR for the goal, referee made a mistake not rewarding a clear penalty to Sweden, they reviewed it and gave Sweden the penalty
    Agreed but South Korea were breaking, what if they had blasted it in from 30 yards ? Then what happens ?

I was living in South Korea during the last WC and they were less than happy with their team's performance. I think they've done an England this time around and lowered their expectations a tad. They have no threat apart from Son Heung Min.

Also, Sweden are a bang average side. It hurts even more to see two average sides play instead of us. Not saying that we're world class or anything, but if I had to be happy watching an average side in this WC then I'd rather it be us.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Agreed but South Korea were breaking, what if they had blasted it in from 30 yards ? Then what happens ?
    I think that's not too hard to sort out. Review and give a pelanty or score a goal. But in this case, if the pelanty wasn't awarded after the Koreans had their counter attack stopped - they'd have had every right to be pissed off imo.

Germany in big trouble. If they don't beat Sweden, Mexico get anything vs South Korea, a draw for Mexico and Sweden sees them out. Sweden are quite good at parking the bus too, they did it for 180 minutes against Italy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Germany in big trouble. If they don't beat Sweden, Mexico get anything vs South Korea, a draw for Mexico and Sweden sees them out. Sweden are quite good at parking the bus too, they did it for 180 minutes against Italy.
    They’ll beat Sweden and Korea (hope they don’t but they will)

If Germany come second they could play Brazil in the next round.

The good thing about all the top teams having slow starts, it means that there should be very few dead rubber games in the 3rd games of the group stage.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    They’ll beat Sweden and Korea (hope they don’t but they will)
    Sweden are tough nuts to crack. As Gringo says, they could play Brazil if they come second, or they could play Switzerland etc! The slow starts really have opened up the whole tournament. Could be a case where you'd want to come second in some groups to avoid the big boys.