+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Europe's tournament

Europe's tournament

The Europeans have started by far the strongest in this tournament so far out of the confederations.
    So far

Uefa teams have won 9, drawn 4 and lost 1 (those hopeless Germans)

Conmebol have won 1, lost 1 and drawn 2

Concacaf have won 1 and lost 2

Asia have won 1 and lost 2

Oceania have lost their only game

And

Africa have lost all 4 games so far.

I think that's stronger than usual for uefa and the African teams seem weaker than in the past.

Re: Europe's tournament

I think a European team will definitely win it.

I don’t think the Brazilians or Argentines will make the semis based on what I’ve seen.

Of course this could be an epic failure on my part predicting this 😂

You have to think there's a number of strong European countries who didn't make it. When the us world cup cones around there's only going to be another 3 European teams and double Asians I think there could start to be some massive mismatches.
    I think Argentina and Brazil may struggle to get out of their group which is a shame because you want there to be some representation from other continents

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    The Europeans have started by far the strongest in this tournament so far out of the confederations.
    So far

Uefa teams have won 9, drawn 4 and lost 1 (those hopeless Germans)

Conmebol have won 1, lost 1 and drawn 2

Concacaf have won 1 and lost 2

Asia have won 1 and lost 2

Oceania have lost their only game

And

Africa have lost all 4 games so far.

I think that's stronger than usual for uefa and the African teams seem weaker than in the past.
    Thank Eric

UEFA is by far the strongest confederation not just in terms of "superstar sides" like France, Germany etc but also in terms of depth

Look at some of the countries who haven't made it; Italy, Holland, Wales, Ireland, Austria, Ukraine, Slovakia and Bosnia are all better than around 8/9 of the sides in the World Cup, Northern Ireland and Scotland could also stake a claim to be better than many