+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ron Healey RIP

Re: Ron Healey RIP

R.I.P Ron, one of my favourite ever City players. 65 is no age at all

I'm struggling to remember one save from Healey's City career to remember him by, it was more that with him between the sticks, you knew we had a dependable and very capable performer there.

RIP to Ron Healey, one of the best City keepers I've seen.[/QUOTE]

My one favourite memory of a Healey save was in September '75, City v Halifax. We had just been relegated from the old Division 2, and had started the season indifferently. Halifax were awarded a penalty at the Grange End, and Healey produced a stunning save. Thus saving us from an embarrassing home defeat to a pretty poor team. I think the game ended 1-1 if memory serves me well.

This was the first season I stood on the Grange End with my mates from school, for all the home games. I will always remember the loud chanting of his name as he ran into the penalty area to take his place between the sticks, and him looking up and giving us all behind the goal a great big huge wave, game after game.
    Last edited by Mr Soul '68; 19-06-18 at 17:44. Reason: spelling mistakes

Very sad to hear this.
    I always like our keepers and Ron was a great player.
    A name I will never forget from City history.
    Rest in Peace.

First keep I saw watching the City
    Was at Wembley for that game on a school trip , loved the fact we were there to witness him make his debut , we talked about it on the coach going up that hopefully he would get on so we could cheer him on, was always more confident when he was between the sticks RIP RON HEALEY

Did he have dementia? Currently a number of ex pros are dying at that age, quite young.. Due to CTE which is a dementia that boxers get due to recurrent trauma to the head.

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Did he have dementia? Currently a number of ex pros are dying at that age, quite young.. Due to CTE which is a dementia that boxers get due to recurrent trauma to the head.
    Got told that Ron had a heart attack, no mention of dementia.

I'd been a little concerned that there'd been no "official" confirmation of Ron's death, but the Daily Mirror have done a story with a few details of what happened today;-

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...eland-12764571

Quote Originally Posted by Parti Mellow View Post
    Along with Phil Dwyer, they were my two all time favourite players in a city shirt. RIP Ron.
    This. And maybe Bucs.