Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
I always found it hard to decide who was the best out of Ron Healey and Bill Irwin. While Irwin was, for me, the more spectacular of the two and was capable of making some brilliant saves on occasions, I think it might be fair to say that Healey was considered the steadier of the two and I always had the feeling that he was the one the City managers of that time would tend to turn to in a crisis.

My first memory of Healey upon hearing today's sad news was not a City one, but of him being chipped by Kevin Keegan for a wonderful goal in an England v Republic of Ireland match at Wembley in one of two games he played for his adopted country - to be honest, while Irwin had that "save of the season" in the FA Cup match with Leeds, I'm struggling to remember one save from Healey's City career to remember him by, it was more that with him between the sticks, you knew we had a dependable and very capable performer there.

RIP to Ron Healey, one of the best City keepers I've seen.
My favourite City season was 75-76, Ron was our keeper then,he was part of that never to be forgotten night at home against Hereford, so many memories of that season culminating in hugging Stan Stennett up at Bury after the last match and bumping into Alun Evans the dart player outside the ground, RIP Ron, a quality keeper.