+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: BBC sport vr app

BBC sport vr app

Anyone else tried watching a game on this?
    It's quite cool actually

Re: BBC sport vr app

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Anyone else tried watching a game on this?
    It's quite cool actually
    Not tried. Reviews in app store are mixed.

Might give it a go later

Image quality isn't fantastic but it is cool watching the game from the half way line position, you can see the overall team.shape a lot better compared with the directors shots.

Behind the goals pitchside is good at corners too

I think it's excellent to be honest. Especially the aerial view. I'd watch every game like that if I could. It gives you a feel of how hard it is to actually open a team up.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I think it's excellent to be honest. Especially the aerial view. I'd watch every game like that if I could. It gives you a feel of how hard it is to actually open a team up.
    Imagine how good it'll be in 5 or 10 years time. They'll probably have the players wearing head cams and you can 'ride along' while they play.

I wonder if eventually people watching in vr could be physically represented in the stadium by an avatar,so you can join in the chants and celebrations, maybe chuck a virtual chair or something

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Imagine how good it'll be in 5 or 10 years time. They'll probably have the players wearing head cams and you can 'ride along' while they play.

I wonder if eventually people watching in vr could be physically represented in the stadium by an avatar,so you can join in the chants and celebrations, maybe chuck a virtual chair or something
    I've fecked my leg playing football so I'm lame and holed up with a leg brace and a career in tatters. So VR is going to be the only way I can get remotely close to being on the pitch again

The players will probably demand a proportion of the viewing rights for anyone watching their own feed.
    I hate the future