+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Merkel given two weeks to seal EU deal or migrants will be rejected

Merkel given two weeks to seal EU deal or migrants will be rejected

German Chancellor Angela Merkel’s Bavarian allies gave her a two-week reprieve today to set tougher border controls in the EU, saying if she didn't meet the deadline they would start automatically rejecting asylum seekers at the German border.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ill-sent-back/

Re: Merkel given two weeks to seal EU deal or migrants will be rejected

It looks like the people in Germany and the rest of Europe are getting tired of George Soros and friends flooding western countries with illegal migrants for political purposes.

Not very social and inclusively minded won't happen in our country come the next election.

Angela Merkel begs Italy’s PM Giuseppe Conte to attend migrant summit

"The Italian prime minister, Giuseppe Conte, yesterday threatened to pull out of an emergency European migration summit called to help save Angela Merkel’s government, and had to be won round in phone calls with the embattled German chancellor.

A draft accord for the meeting this Sunday was withdrawn after Mr Conte objected to pressure on those with external EU borders, such as Italy, to take back illegal migrants refused entry at Germany’s borders."

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/a...mmit-kcwdpzc37

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    That's what happens - when on the one hand you have an EU area which is open to the free movement of people and on the other hand you have a German Chancellor that decides to 'let them all in' - which once they are in - they can get a passport and go anywhere.

If Merkel had a policy that meant the 1 million people she let in would stay in German - then there wouldnt be so much of a problem.
    She's fecked in my opinion. Italy is also fecked , they seemingly want to leave the EU, but with massive debts to the European Central Bank - they'd be declaring bankruptcy if they went bank to the Lira.
    #fallingapartattheseams
    No surprise really, we need to be as far away as possible before the whole thing goes pop. Thing is though, will Trump want to deal with May? There are still big storm clouds in the air.

Fresh alarm in Italy as apostles of 'Italexit' take control of parliament

"Hard-line Eurosceptics have swept all the key posts in the budget and finance committees of the Italian parliament, shattering the brief calm in the bond markets and guaranteeing a showdown with Brussels over spending rules.

The cohort of anti-euro legislators from the Five Star Movement and the ‘Italy First’ Lega party will have a powerful say over fiscal policy and may make it almost impossible for technocrat ministers in the new Italian government to enforce the EU’s draconian ‘bail-in’ rules for banks."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business...ol-parliament/

From what I know and have read (which is not that much) - there is a credit bubble in the states, fuelled by Trumps policies which means they have inflation. I will have to re read an article from last week from Hargreeves and Lansdown re the credit bubble - not that we can do anything about that.

Regardless of what Trump does, I would want a trade agreement as soon as. BUT I dont have much confidence in the UK to get a decent deal from Trump. Any deal needs to be 'great' 'really great' for both sides and Ive a feeling that it wouldnt be
    Stop being 'defeatist' about Brexit and be inspired by Trump, Britons told by US ambassador

Theresa May should take “inspiration” from Donald Trump in the Brexit negotiations and cast off Britain's "defeatist" attitude, according to the US ambassador to the UK.

Interviewed for a new Channel 4 documentary, Woody Johnson questioned why the UK was "so nervous" about the prospects of leaving the EU, a process that in his view need not present a "major challenge".

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...us-ambassador/

So the Italians to bring down Merkel? That would be a hell of a thing! Can't see it happening though, the EU won't let go that easily.

From what I know and have read (which is not that much) - there is a credit bubble in the states, fuelled by Trumps policies which means they have inflation. I will have to re read an article from last week from Hargreeves and Lansdown re the credit bubble - not that we can do anything about that.

Regardless of what Trump does, I would want a trade agreement as soon as. BUT I dont have much confidence in the UK to get a decent deal from Trump. Any deal needs to be 'great' 'really great' for both sides and Ive a feeling that it wouldnt be
    US is clocking up a deficit of almost $100 billion per month. Their national debt has skyrocketed since the 2008 financial crisis and currently stands at over $21 trillion. In 2017 their economy grew by 2.5% and their national debt increased by 6%... so much for the great economy Trump bullshits about. He's managing to outspend Obama, and the reason why is that to stop inflating the gigantic debt bubble will ensure it'll pop. It should have happened in 2008. Instead the Federal Reserve bailed out the world with $15 trillion of magic money to postpone the day of reckoning. Since then there's been QE in the major financial centres and endless other machinations for governments know when it blows there'll be societal mayhem.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    US is clocking up a deficit of almost $100 billion per month. Their national debt has skyrocketed since the 2008 financial crisis and currently stands at over $21 trillion. In 2017 their economy grew by 2.5% and their national debt increased by 6%... so much for the great economy Trump bullshits about. He's managing to outspend Obama, and the reason why is that to stop inflating the gigantic debt bubble will ensure it'll pop. It should have happened in 2008. Instead the Federal Reserve bailed out the world with $15 trillion of magic money to postpone the day of reckoning. Since then there's been QE in the major financial centres and endless other machinations for governments know when it blows there'll be societal mayhem.
    I'm looking forward to it, and I am prepared.

You can always tell the world is wobbling folk look to others to blame , immigrants, border controls, sound familiar ?

However bad if gets the one country that won't wobble will be the USA.. They have a unique survival instinct and power .

Franco-German eurozone reform plan faces growing opposition

A dozen states reject proposed joint budget for single currency area

https://amp.ft.com/content/19eba02a-...6-75a27d27ea5f

First she backed down on the open border issue, and now she is conceding on auto tarrifs.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I'm looking forward to it, and I am prepared.
    Good news. My contact, who admittedly has been wrong several times prior, is positive that we're just weeks away from when the money masters issue the "pull it" order. July 20 to July 27 is the window with either the 20th or 27th being the exact date.

Good news. My contact, who admittedly has been wrong several times prior, is positive that we're just weeks away from when the money masters issue the "pull it" order. July 20 to July 27 is the window with either the 20th or 27th being the exact date.
    I'll get a few crates of bully beef sorted on the weekend. Luckily I live in a peaceful area with a strong community spirit

I purchased 20 acres of Bridgend woodland in 2011 as a bug out in a Mad Max scenario.

I purchased 20 acres of Bridgend woodland in 2011 as a bug out in a Mad Max scenario.
    Does it include a Sludge Factory?