+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: How long before...

How long before...

https://twitter.com/LevineJonathan/s...787849216?s=19

There are drone based terrorist attacks.
    Someone could fly one of these into a crowded area, explode or set fire to.stuff and the person controlling it could be half a mile away and never be found.

Chilling thought really.

Re: How long before...

That’s why they’re trying to rush through so much regulation for where you can use them etc. We are already seeing drone based warfare so I wouldn’t be surprised to see an attack.

Ssshhhh or Badly Ironed Shirt will be locking himself in his bedroom preparing one for the Newcastle game

They’ve already been used by the Palestinians to attack Israel.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie View Post
    I think they’ve been used by both sides, wasnt there a photo of an Israeli drone being brought down with a rock recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I think they’ve been used by both sides, wasnt there a photo of an Israeli drone being brought down with a rock recently.
    Yes you are right, I hit the post button before I finished the post.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie View Post
    Do you have a link for that? Tried googling but could only see drones going the other way.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Do you have a link for that? Tried googling but could only see drones going the other way.
    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.h...gaza-1.5762275

Found this now which mentions it

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    https://twitter.com/LevineJonathan/s...787849216?s=19

There are drone based terrorist attacks.
    Someone could fly one of these into a crowded area, explode or set fire to.stuff and the person controlling it could be half a mile away and never be found.

Chilling thought really.
    For anyone who's handy at operating weaponised remote drones who's eager for an opportunity to commit mass killings then consider joining the armed services of countries who possess them. The United States' would be the top pick. In addition to being paid an income and awarded pension contributions, other benefits include not being branded a murderer so there's no chance of having one's collar felt never mind having to take an extended stay at a prison. There's even a possibility of being hailed a hero and be given a medal or two for dutifully following orders. Remember folks, money mercenaries worldwide who kill and maim at the behest of their government are never labelled as terrorists.

41 men targeted but 1,147 people killed: US drone strikes – the facts on the ground: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ikes-kill-1147

I was at the beach last week standing in the sea and saw a drone about ten feet above me, couldn't hear a thing because of the waves. Sneaky ****er.

Just the tip of the iceberg:

https://www.wetalkuav.com/google-emp...drone-project/

With facial recognition, worldwide surveillance, and us all carrying our own personal homing beacon now, it is already possible to target drones to kill individual people. This will not be long in coming - just depends which country flinches first.

The Budweiser drones flying into the stadium at the start of the world cup coverage neatly sums up what this might look like as a mass attack on a crowded venue.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    For anyone who's handy at operating weaponised remote drones who's eager for an opportunity to commit mass killings then consider joining the armed services of countries who possess them. The United States' would be the top pick. In addition to being paid an income and awarded pension contributions, other benefits include not being branded a murderer so there's no chance of having one's collar felt never mind having to take an extended stay at a prison. There's even a possibility of being hailed a hero and be given a medal or two for dutifully following orders. Remember folks, money mercenaries worldwide who kill and maim at the behest of their government are never labelled as terrorists.

41 men targeted but 1,147 people killed: US drone strikes – the facts on the ground: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ikes-kill-1147
    On a serious note, the UK has the best Drone pilots and they often fly the US missions from Camp shorabak / Bastion, infact at one point the US only flew recon missions in Afghanistan

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    With facial recognition, worldwide surveillance, and us all carrying our own personal homing beacon now, it is already possible to target drones to kill individual people. This will not be long in coming - just depends which country flinches first.

The Budweiser drones flying into the stadium at the start of the world cup coverage neatly sums up what this might look like as a mass attack on a crowded venue.
    We need to chip the entire population and make it illegal for people to leave their homes, except for going to work, and things like visiting the doctor, etc., but only after obtaining permission from the government authority that is responsible for keeping us safe.

Excellent suggestions. But we are not safe at home with so many terrorists and burglars on the prowl. Government CCTV cameras placed in every room would help us feel more secure. I'd be more than happy never to set foot outside the house provided my mobile phone still works and there's 800 channels on Sky TV to enjoy. Trust our politicians, shop anyone who doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    On a serious note, the UK has the best Drone pilots and they often fly the US missions from Camp shorabak / Bastion, infact at one point the US only flew recon missions in Afghanistan
    Funny how Britain seems to have the best drone pilots, special forces, marines, air force pilots. It's ALMOST as if every country says that about themselves

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Funny how Britain seems to have the best drone pilots, special forces, marines, air force pilots. It's ALMOST as if every country says that about themselves
    I hope they find you quickly Delme boy ... Questioning the Great in Great Britain ..
    Bastad..

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I've seen how the Russians drive, they don't give a shit about personal safety, so I bet they are awesome on the frontline with such kamikazi attitudes!

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    There are micro drones with a bullet sized explosive attached that detonates on impact. They can identify colours / patterns etc - and then detonate when they hit their target.

That is utterly terrifying, is it from a film?