+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Woman Commentator

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Woman Commentator

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    There are plenty of terrible make commentators, especially during big tournaments where they wheel out some new ones.
    I can think of several who clearly do no research whatsoever before a game but don't get called up on it.
    The standard of sports journalism in the UK isn't good, so getting a few women in there is a good thing.
    This woman might not be great now, she might improve or she might not, but how many chances do. The male former pros get who haven't said anything remotely interesting in a decade?
    Some of the women commentators are really good and you can tell they’ve done their research and actually know a lot about the game. Kelly Cates is on the totally football show and has a much greater knowledge than some of the men on the bbc.

I can understand not liking certain voices but only liking the sound of a mans voice and not any women’s seems bizarre to me.

Plus there are so many male commentators who know absolutely nothing about the game outside the premier league and spend the whole match whinging (keown, lawrenson, green to name a few!) but they seem to just get a pass because they are men?

The real reason people don’t like it is they just aren’t used to it yet. Always the same when something changes slightly.

Re: Woman Commentator

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Some of the women commentators are really good and you can tell they’ve done their research and actually know a lot about the game. Kelly Cates is on the totally football show and has a much greater knowledge than some of the men on the bbc.

I can understand not liking certain voices but only liking the sound of a mans voice and not any women’s seems bizarre to me.

Plus there are so many male commentators who know absolutely nothing about the game outside the premier league and spend the whole match whinging (keown, lawrenson, green to name a few!) but they seem to just get a pass because they are men?

The real reason people don’t like it is they just aren’t used to it yet. Always the same when something changes slightly.
    Glenn hoddle before the Russia Saudi game literally said, "tbh I don't know anything about these 2 teams, but I'm expecting a close game"
    Then proceeded to talk about England for 90 minutes.