Yes I'm female before I start! It's only because we aren't used to it - that's why it may sound so different to some as men have always commentated up until recent years in football but thankgod that's changing! I think it's great to have balance of both male and female commentators on there and like anything some commentators are good and some are irritating irrespective of gender. I think that people who say they are turning the TV off or the commentating off because it's a women's voice is going way over the top about it all. its great to see a variety of people giving their views and given a chance to work within the sport that they love! I always remember when I was in school - the boys would be puzzled how I could do an over head kick, over 100 consecutive kick ups, dribble past them and catch the ball on the back of my neck. I decided to keep it quiet that I played for a local girls team until one day in PE at school, I kept scoring and the ball was like a magnet to my feet! lol but joking aside To me it's not about gender it's about love for the sport no matter who you are and that's what I love about football - it brings everyone together!