+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Woman Commentator

Re: Woman Commentator

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Blue View Post
    It's truly staggering that people are that touchy and pathetic to label others "ignorant" or "thick bigots" for having a different opinion.

You must be fun at parties
    He literally said there are only 2 places for women. That’s not being touchy that’s calling someone out for being ignorant and stuck in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    He literally said there are only 2 places for women. That’s not being touchy that’s calling someone out for being ignorant and stuck in the past.
    Well, a direct quote would've helped clear that up, but I'm giving him the benefit of a doubt and assuming it was a tad tongue-in-cheek

The Cwmbranistani doesn't do tongue-in-cheek.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Blue View Post
    Well, a direct quote would've helped clear that up, but I'm giving him the benefit of a doubt and assuming it was a tad tongue-in-cheek
    Funny how stuff like that always ends up being " tongue in cheek" once someone gets pulled up on it. Even if it was meant ironically I think it would still be 30 years out of date.

She's fine, better than Tydlesdley & Tyler

Personally I'm not sure if she's commentating well or not because I find her voice to be like listening to white noise.
    Red button commentary is good.

I originally thought it was Jacqui Oatley, who I have always thought was dire, but this Vicki Sparks seems to be better.
    Some of the male (ex-player) commentators and pundits are far worse though - Henrik Larsson, Giggs (zzzz), Lawrenson.

Funny how stuff like that always ends up being " tongue in cheek" once someone gets pulled up on it. Even if it was meant ironically I think it would still be 30 years out of date.
    Ironically, the reason I assumed it was tongue-in-cheek was precisely because of how out of date and antediluvian it was, but there we go.

On silent
    Bloody awful
    Dont care what anybody else thinks - I can't stand it

Jesus there's some old sad acts on here, it's 2018, try and keep up

Vicky Spark was the reporter who David Moyes said 'deserved a slap' for asking him a challenging question.

I'm shocked - SHOCKED - that a thread of this kind is on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Aunty Andy in 5..4..3..2..1..
    Sorry I missed your post hun, I’ve been in the kitchen cooking tea whilst multitasking by ironing at the same time.

Off to bed now as I’ve been ordered by my master.

Blessed be the fruit.

Bloody hell, go out for a couple of hours and the PC brigade turns up. The only reason they have a female commentator is because of all this PC crap, not because she/they are good enough. If a person MAN or WOMAN deserves a position they should get it, not because it’s Politically Correct.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    I'm shocked - SHOCKED - that a thread of this kind is on this forum.
    That's equality my dear, there have been plenty of threads on here over the years saying men are crap at things, you didn't see me or Auntie Andy complaining did you?

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Bloody hell, go out for a couple of hours and the PC brigade turns up. The only reason they have a female commentator is because of all this PC crap, not because she/they are good enough. If a person MAN or WOMAN deserves a position they should get it, not because it’s Politically Correct.
    What a load of bollocks, just because you’re stuck in the past doesn’t mean everything that’s new and scares you is because of the PC brigade.

There are plenty of talented and knowledgeable women who are football journalists. There is no difference in the male and female genetics which makes one more able to commentate on football so why should it be limited to just men because you like it better?

Look everyone it was clearly tongue in cheek when he said there was only 2 places for women, he isn’t a complete backwards cu........oh

Most of the complaints seem to be about the sound of a woman's voice rather than what she's saying, so it's probably not fair at say she's not got the job on merit.
    Otherwise are we saying it's fine for women to commentate, as long as they have a voice as deep as Dave Seaman.
    If you are fragile enough that listening to a woman talking about a game ruins your enjoyment of it then the problem is probably yours not hers.

It's just a change from what people are used to, I can guarantee that the same moans were had when the first female newsreaders etc started turning up, and now nobody bats an eyelid.

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    On silent
    Bloody awful
    Dont care what anybody else thinks - I can't stand it
    I csmt stand it either. I actually watched the game with english and male commrnt on Mobdro channel NBS sport. Was really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Watamistakatomaka View Post
    Just switched Portugal v Morroco. We now have a woman commentator for it. BBC going way over the top with women pundits etc. Having listened to it for 5 mins or so, i cant stand listening to her. Switching it off ffs.��
    FFS they'll be allowed to drive cars and vote next! What is the world coming to?

They should stick to womans football for commentating. As reasonable as womens footy is its totally different from mens, hence they cant give as good a commentary. Other than that they should stick to housework 😊

Quote Originally Posted by Watamistakatomaka View Post
    They should stick to womans football for commentating. As reasonable as womens footy is its totally different from mens, hence they cant give as good a commentary. Other than that they should stick to housework 😊
    Are you equally outraged by Phil Neville managing England Women then?

I've been on the phone to EE for the last hour or so ranting on about their garbage service, so didn't get to hear any of the commentary. There's one woman commentator whose voice I don't like and I think it might be Vicky Sparks, but I don't mind the other ones I've heard, there's quite a few male commentators whose voices I don't like - e.g. Tyldesley, Motson, Green, Drury.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I've been on the phone to EE for the last hour or so ranting on about their garbage service, so didn't get to hear any of the commentary. There's one woman commentator whose voice I don't like and I think it might be Vicky Sparks, but I don't mind the other ones I've heard, there's quite a few male commentators whose voices I don't like - e.g. Tyldesley, Motson, Green, Drury.
    I think if that's all that had been said no one would have minded, lots of commentators aren't great. But the whole women should have their place and should stick to women's football rhetoric makes us all looks stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    That sums things up perfectly. Most of the comments were about her voice which I found grated on me so I listened to the alternative commentary. Afterwards I switched over to Ascot and there was a female commentator in the parade ring who was excellent (as are Kelly Cates, Gabby Yorath etc).
    It was about the irritation factor and not her gender for me.