+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Woman Commentator

Re: Woman Commentator

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post

I did not say they were not up to any job did I? I just said I don't enjoy it.
    Don't you enjoy the "LADIES" then

Fancy the sound of a female voice being so strange to you, that on hearing it you cannot enjoy a football match you usually would if you heard 2 male voices talking about it.

Then fancy sitting there in silence and moaning about it on a message board when all you had to do to hear 2 male voices was push a red button on a remote.

We have some English female footballer as a pundit over here. Not keen.

Her and Ian Wright mouthing off about how great this England team is

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Perfectly good reasons not to like Mrs brown's boys, the only reason I can see not to like women commentators (in general) is it's not what you are used to, hence behind the times.

Once people are used to the idea then we won't see this kind of general statement, as with newsreaders.
    The ones I've heard have been a bit too cbeebies for me, maybe I will give a few more a chance and get "used to them" don't expect me to do the same with Mrs Browns boys though, that's a step too far

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Don't you enjoy the "LADIES" then
    Shut up Tone

Keep Alan Green off the telly otherwise everyone will reach for the mute button. His accent is so harsh I always half expect him to bellow Ian Paisley style: we will march down the Garvaghy Road!

None of us modern thinking chaps would complain if female footy commentators did so while topless because males would be able to as they can parade around the streets bare-chested (aka topless) without being nabbed for a public order offence whereas women would be up before the beaks! How can that be equality?! Tits out for all, I say!

That's equality my dear, there have been plenty of threads on here over the years saying men are crap at things, you didn't see me or Auntie Andy complaining did you?
    Were they about a man who had been invited into a predominantly female environment?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Were they about a man who had been invited into a predominantly female environment?
    That was a joke really but I'm sure there are many men who have to work in predominantly female environments, as a woman who has been involved in the predominantly male environment of djing for over ten years though I can tell you now I would not want anyone giving me a chance just because I'm a woman, if you are good at something your sex will not come in to it.

That was a joke really but I'm sure there are many men who have to work in predominantly female environments, as a woman who has been involved in the predominantly male environment of djing for over ten years though I can tell you now I would not want anyone giving me a chance just because I'm a woman, if you are good at something your sex will not come in to it.
    You’re completely missing the point though no one is getting a chance just because they’re a women. These women are better educated and more knowledgeable than most male couterparts and are only just now having the opportunity to do the same job.

Would you be happy if you weren’t being booked just because you were a woman?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    You’re completely missing the point though no one is getting a chance just because they’re a women. These women are better educated and more knowledgeable than most male couterparts and are only just now having the opportunity to do the same job.

Would you be happy if you weren’t being booked just because you were a woman?
    Rjk said I'm just not used to them so therefore I should give them a chance, that's what I meant.

"Would you be happy if you weren’t being booked just because you were a woman?"

That's the thing, it's been the other way around for me, my brother was a dj years before me, he's been doing it all his life and been dedicated to it, I learned to dj quite quickly in comparison, I only did it to prove him wrong when he said I wouldn't be able to learn, I got as good as him and I ended up getting offers of bookings over him for the simple fact that I'm a female so more of a novelty, I don't think that's fair either, do you?

Why should the fact that you are better educated and more knowledgeable on a subject give you the right to do commentary?
    You should be let nowhere near a microphone if you have a rubbish voice.

I just want the best people for the job. If that's a woman or a transgender disabled black person then brilliant.

But the shoehorning of people into roles purely because they represent a minority can't be beneficial over time.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Why should the fact that you are better educated and more knowledgeable on a subject give you the right to do commentary?
    You should be let nowhere near a microphone if you have a rubbish voice.
    Because the more you know the better you’ll be at the job, how do you define a rubbish voice even? You mean one you don’t like

Rjk said I'm just not used to them so therefore I should give them a chance, that's what I meant.

"Would you be happy if you weren’t being booked just because you were a woman?"

That's the thing, it's been the other way around for me, my brother was a dj years before me, he's been doing it all his life and been dedicated to it, I learned to dj quite quickly in comparison, I only did it to prove him wrong when he said I wouldn't be able to learn, I got as good as him and I ended up getting offers of bookings over him for the simple fact that I'm a female so more of a novelty, I don't think that's fair either, do you?
    No it’s not fair but it’s not like men are completely blocked from doing it. Women have been for plenty of jobs.

They couldn’t be a news presenter because people didn’t like how they sounded at the time now that sounds ridiculous, we’ll say the same about female commentators too one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I just want the best people for the job. If that's a woman or a transgender disabled black person then brilliant.

But the shoehorning of people into roles purely because they represent a minority can't be beneficial over time.
    But that literally doesnt happen very often at all, where on earth are people who aren’t qualified being given jobs? People who are qualified are still being blocked in many roles and industries because they aren’t straight white males.

I couldn’t give a toss about it being a women because I want half the men to feck off because they’re shit what I don’t like is them forcing the issue just to be PC compliant

Because the more you know the better you’ll be at the job, how do you define a rubbish voice even? You mean one you don’t like
    The pitch is important and that woman's voice was just plain annoying.
    A decent voice is crucial in making the visual experience enjoyable, even in the event of a poor game.

It seems old JT might concur....

https://mobile.twitter.com/hazardedi...88321020653568

Ah convicted racist, adulterer, briber of abortions, sacked from being captain of his country and all round wanker John Terry agrees with you, that’s my point ruined

Sat in a bar in Berlin watching the Portugal game and a lovely German woman was doing the commentary. I can't speak German but she sounded like she was enjoying it. She was superb!

But that literally doesnt happen very often at all, where on earth are people who aren’t qualified being given jobs? People who are qualified are still being blocked in many roles and industries because they aren’t straight white males.
    I said best.

I'm sure most of these people are perfectly qualified but that's not really the point when there may be better people for the job who don't get it as there happens to be too many "straight white males" already in the role.

Quote Originally Posted by Watamistakatomaka View Post
    Just switched Portugal v Morroco. We now have a woman commentator for it. BBC going way over the top with women pundits etc. Having listened to it for 5 mins or so, i cant stand listening to her. Switching it off ffs.😡
    Welcome to the new politically correct world , not only are woman in control of footy , every TV cop drama has women top to bottom running it and fixing crime whilst the token man is cast as an outdated alpha male , big drinker, living alone and on the take , the rest of the cast are usually of ethnic origin and disabled.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Welcome to the new politically correct world , not only are woman in control of footy , every TV cop drama has women top to bottom running it and fixing crime whilst the token man is cast as an outdated alpha male , big drinker, living alone and on the take , the rest of the cast are usually of ethnic origin and disabled.
    You left out "GAY"

As much as anything else, the fact that the main character was almost always a straight white middle aged bloke for most of the last 50 years just means that that has been done to death, if you want your tv show to be a bit original then you arent gong to make a remake of inspector morse.

Men still get the vast majority of the best roles, and the majority of dialogue in films, and the highest salaries from movies, I think we can tolerate the occasional black wheelchair lesbian detective given the 50 years that have preceeded.

No they're don't

Ah convicted racist, adulterer, briber of abortions, sacked from being captain of his country and all round wanker John Terry agrees with you, that’s my point ruined
    That's funny but I don't think you get my point.

I doubt he and I have much in common but we hear the same. In this case we don't like what we hear.