+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Woman Commentator

Re: Woman Commentator

I get your point and what you have in common is you’re both out of touch.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Welcome to the new politically correct world , not only are woman in control of footy , every TV cop drama has women top to bottom running it and fixing crime whilst the token man is cast as an outdated alpha male , big drinker, living alone and on the take , the rest of the cast are usually of ethnic origin and disabled.
    Jesus Christ is everyone who posts on this board Alf Garnett in disguise? It’s honestly like someone is writing all these posts as a parody.

The world is not like that at all, I’m not sure what bubble you lot live in or what media you consume but the world is not overly PC, in fact it’s still very much a straight white male dominated world.

I’ve worked in 4 different capital cities and can’t say I’ve ever noticed anything overly PC or the work place being over run by Black, gay women. Maybe it’s just the valleys that are this progressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I get your point and what you have in common is you’re both out of touch.
    The fact that not liking the sound of something is subjective, it's quite obvious that you do not get my point.

Blog Entries

No it’s not fair but it’s not like men are completely blocked from doing it. Women have been for plenty of jobs.

They couldn’t be a news presenter because people didn’t like how they sounded at the time now that sounds ridiculous, we’ll say the same about female commentators too one day.
    Ah that's ok then, as long as we balance the scales a bit is that what you're saying? because that is not equality either.

You’re missing the point though, no ones saying there’s anything wrong with not liking one commentator but the thread has been full of comments about all women being bad and should stick to women’s football etc.

It’s funny because there’s been a link that talked about the reaction to women news readers being the same in the 60s and people don’t seem to mind them any more.

Jesus Christ is everyone who posts on this board Alf Garnett in disguise? It’s honestly like someone is writing all these posts as a parody.

The world is not like that at all, I’m not sure what bubble you lot live in or what media you consume but the world is not overly PC, in fact it’s still very much a straight white male dominated world.

I’ve worked in 4 different capital cities and can’t say I’ve ever noticed anything overly PC or the work place being over run by Black, gay women. Maybe it’s just the valleys that are this progressive.
    Give it 20 years and Jesus will be in fact a women

This thread is embarrassing

I'm hoping that a lot of the responses are wind ups

I listened to the game this afternoon on 5Live with one of the better commentators, John Murray so didn’t hear the tv commentary. Just heard it on MOTD and I thought she was fine. I’d listen to her over Jonathan Pearce all day long.

Just watched the highlights.
    I could barely listen to it so had to turn it over.
    I can't stand listening to someone who is out of touch with the game and talks a load of shite.

We are talking about Martin Keown, right?

You’re missing the point though, no ones saying there’s anything wrong with not liking one commentator but the thread has been full of comments about all women being bad and should stick to women’s football etc.

It’s funny because there’s been a link that talked about the reaction to women news readers being the same in the 60s and people don’t seem to mind them any more.
    Page 5 and you're still at it, not just replies either, mini feckin essays. Get a life!

Since you struggle to count past 4 I’m not surprised you think 2 sentances is a mini essay.

The title of the thread is "Woman Commentator"

If the OP wanted to complain about the voice of one of the male commentators would they have titled the thread "Man Commentator"

The title of the thread is "Woman Commentator"

If the OP wanted to complain about the voice of one of the male commentators would they have titled the thread "Man Commentator"?

The fact that the commentator's gender is mentioned in the title suggests that it may be a gender issue, rather than anything else. Whilst the OP's intention may not be sexist, it is certainly an unconscious bias.

Perhaps the title of the thread may have been better as "Sh1t Commentator".

(Site kept posting before I'd completed my post)

Since you struggle to count past 4 I’m not surprised you think 2 sentances is a mini essay.
    It feels like Page 5

And if you want to be pedantic try and spell 'sentence' correctly

Why do you think men can do "dynamic" sports but women can't?
    Pitch, tone, anything involving use of frenetic voices. I'm not going to debate or discuss. I employ over 250 women (60%) of my workforce because they are good at their (highly technical) jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Give it 20 years and Jesus will be in fact a women
    And in the next couple James Bond will be, Janice Bond maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    And if you want to be pedantic try and spell 'sentence' correctly
    Shouldn't that be "try to spell pedantic correctly"?

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    And in the next couple James Bond will be, Janice Bond maybe?
    Like this woman you mean? - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Violette_Szabo

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Sorry I missed your post hun, I’ve been in the kitchen cooking tea whilst multitasking by ironing at the same time.

Off to bed now as I’ve been ordered by my master.

Blessed be the fruit.
    Blessed be the fruit..., great line 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I’ve started calling Mrs Canton - OfStraight. It’s not going down too well

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    Wow what a brave lady, I'd certainly watch a film about her

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Wow what a brave lady, I'd certainly watch a film about her
    Here it is:---

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carve_Her_Name_with_Pride

They have also tarnished ghostbusters and the oceans franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Shouldn't that be "try to spell pedantic correctly"?
    No

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    They have also tarnished ghostbusters and the oceans franchise.
    Oh no, not the ocean's franchise