Thread: Woman Commentator

Re: Woman Commentator

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Oh no, not the ocean's franchise
    Annoying isn't it

New Ghostbusters was great

Interesting that he has apologised for the comment towards "female commentators" and not the voice in isolation which he'd alluded to previously.

"I realise there is absolutely no place for these demeaning attitudes towards female commentators and I’m truly sorry.”

What a load of shit he said nothing wrong and just simply gave his opinion

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    What a load of shit he said nothing wrong and just simply gave his opinion
    I agree, it was his opinion, nobody was required to agree with him, it was personal to him.

I agree with him though. It just doesn’t sound right. Even though what is being said is perfectly valid, in fact the woman who’s been doing MOTD for a few years is better than many of her her male counterparts, I just cannot get used to her voice. That’s just my opinion, nobody is required to agree with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie View Post
    I agree, it was his opinion, nobody was required to agree with him, it was personal to him.

I agree with him though. It just doesn’t sound right. Even though what is being said is perfectly valid, in fact the woman who’s been doing MOTD for a few years is better than many of her her male counterparts, I just cannot get used to her voice. That’s just my opinion, nobody is required to agree with me.
    I suppose the point is, you should criticize people for what they do or don't do, as opposed to what they are or aren't.

If they had hired some brainless bimbo to do commentary and they didn't know a thing about football then it would be absolutely fine to criticize them.
    A woman isn't going to sound like a man no matter how good at the job she is, so it seems unfair to criticize her for that.
    It's absolutely fine to say that it seems different/ you aren't used to it, but perhaps the conclusion of that should be that you try to get used to it, rather than saying it should never happen.

All I could think when I watched his clip was “has he never heard his own voice?” He sounds like a complete simpleton and his views on football were always terrible too. He came out with this to try and stay relevant and hen shit himself when he rightly got called out on it.