+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Messi

Re: Messi

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    It’s all about personal opinion I suppose, I personally don’t think I’ll ever see a better player than messi but there’s no point in arguing about it.
    The debate for both in their prime is a different debate. Id probably lean towards Messi, because theres no finer sight in football than a player dribbling past players for fun. However, I dont think he has that same explosion he had in his younger days, and so that is why I lean to Ronaldo currently because age has not slowed him down, and if anything he is still in his peak.

In the last 2 years the number of big games Ronaldo has done the business, for club and country, is obscene.

Gringo, I had to defend Messi on twitter this morning, because someone was claiming he is not as good as Modric

I love Modric but the over reaction to two poor games from Messi in this world cup is ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    But it's not about number 9s
    Luckily Bale and Ronaldo can play across all front 3 positions, that's what makes them so valuable.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Gringo, I had to defend Messi on twitter this morning, because someone was claiming he is not as good as Modric

I love Modric but the over reaction to two poor games from Messi in this world cup is ridiculous
    Imagine how I feel today mate. I spend half my waking hours defending him on here, I've had to stay away from twitter!

There is no hard fast answers to the Ronaldo vs Messi thing like I said the other day.

It comes down to how you view football. I'd expect a lot of British fans to prefer Ronaldo cos they've been brought up with the belief that players with power and pace are the best whereas I'd expect more Southern European and South American fans to believe Messi is better cos they see football as more of an art.

One thing I will say is that as someone who is such a fan of Whitts I'd expect you to like Messi more.

Modric is probably the best midfielder around at the moment but I don't think he is as good as Xavi and Iniesta in their prime.

There isn't an answer to it because it's subjective, I don't understand why anyone cares which one of them is better and can't just appreciate that they're both unbelievable players.

The whole "pace and power vs art" comment is probably one of the most pretentious things I've ever read too ffs, what a load of cock

I have always been one who has been an advocate of the old "Maradona won the world cup on his own" argument, but when I said this I didn't expect people to interpret that as Maradona did all the defending, all the link up play, scored all the goals etc.

What I mean by this is that Maradona was THE creative spark that was the difference for Argentina.

He had to have a platform to do this and he wouldn't be able to win the world cup with Grimsby Town ffs.

From what I have seen in this world cup, besides Saudi Arabia I think Argentina have been the poorest team in the competition, with no shape, purpose or desire. You could put Messi and Ronaldo in that team together and they still wouldn't win anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    There isn't an answer to it because it's subjective, I don't understand why anyone cares which one of them is better and can't just appreciate that they're both unbelievable players.

The whole "pace and power vs art" comment is probably one of the most pretentious things I've ever read too ffs, what a load of cock
    Believe what you like but the number of times Ronaldo shoots when he has better options is incredible. Technically there are many players better than him but he is very very effective and a lot of that is down to his athleticism

I don’t care pal. No horse in this race for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I don’t care pal. No horse in this race for me.
    I don't even know what that means

I mean I don’t care who’s better out of Messi and Ronaldo, I just think they’re both excellent.