+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Messi

Re: Messi

There's no need to decide who is better, they're both incredible. Argentina have been awful, by their high standards, for a few years now. Messi got them to qualify with one of his best ever performances but they just aren't good enough against teams that know how to defend.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Given the choice between Messi and Ronaldo, I would choose Bale right now.
    Give it a rest will you! You haven’t got a scooby when it comes to football and you ain’t funny

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    All true, but the main concern for me if I was a big Argentina fan was how poor they were when they didn't have the ball.
    But it's all connected Bob. One of the reasons Guardiola chooses to play short football in triangles through the lines is because this enables them to defend more effectively when they lose the ball.

In the clips above there are huge chasms in midfield which allow Croatia to bear down on the defenders before the "midfield" react.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Give it a rest will you! You haven’t got a scooby when it comes to football and you ain’t funny

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Are people forgetting the last world cup, when Messi dragged Argentina to the final and was declared the best player in the tournament, and Portugal went out at the group stage, at the expense of USA?

If the reverse happens this some round then perhaps they're equal.
    Messi WAS the best, Ronaldo has overtaken him.

Bale has just won the fecking Champions League with a wonder strike soon after he came on. Why would I choose Ronaldo or Messi ahead of him right now? Bale is probably the most effective player in the world at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Messi WAS the best, Ronaldo has overtaken him.
    It’s all about personal opinion I suppose, I personally don’t think I’ll ever see a better player than messi but there’s no point in arguing about it.

Bale has just won the fecking Champions League with a wonder strike soon after he came on. Why would I choose Ronaldo or Messi ahead of him right now? Bale is probably the most effective player in the world at the moment.
    Wow supermodels don't go for intelligence these days!

It’s all about personal opinion I suppose, I personally don’t think I’ll ever see a better player than messi but there’s no point in arguing about it.
    Messi is looking a little jaded compared to his heyday. Bale has got 6 years on Ronaldo and it shows. Messi and Ronaldo are still great players, but they are not what they were, whereas Bale is just reaching his peak.

Messi is looking a little jaded compared to his heyday. Bale has got 6 years on Ronaldo and it shows. Messi and Ronaldo are still great players, but they are not what they were.
    Is there any subject you aren't able to be profoundly wrong about? I think you have a talent

Is there any subject you aren't able to be profoundly wrong about? I think you have a talent
    Put it this way, Bale has more chance of winning the 2018-19 Balon d'Or than either Messi or Ronaldo.

Messi is looking a little jaded compared to his heyday. Bale has got 6 years on Ronaldo and it shows. Messi and Ronaldo are still great players, but they are not what they were, whereas Bale is just reaching his peak.
    You really think bale can carry on the length of time Ronald has

You really think bale can carry on the length of time Ronald has
    I'm talking about right now, as per my written words. I'm not talking about 5 years ago, or 5 years into the future. I said right now I would pick Bale over the other two.

I'm talking about right now, as per my written words. I'm not talking about 5 years ago, or 5 years into the future. I said right now I would pick Bale over the other two.
    You said bales just reaching his peak yet his body is slowly breaking down

You said bales just reaching his peak yet his body is slowly breaking down
    I didn't see any problems during his last 6 games, in fact he was devastating. He looked like the Bale of old, except more focussed.

I didn't see any problems during his last 6 games, in fact he was devastating. He looked like the Bale of old, except more focussed.
    Anyway Isco would be before bale

And what was he doing before those 6/7 games

Do yourself a favour and put him on ignore it’s the best thing I ever did.

I was always against ignoring people on here but if you were in the pub and some weirdo kept shouting out complete bollocks you’d ignore them so why not on here.

The man has never been right about anything and only posts complete and utter shite about every single topic in every single thread.

And what was he doing before those 6/7 games
    As per his post match interview, he said he had been fit for most of the season, but the manager wouldn't play him. He then hinted about buggering off, but Zidane beat him to it.

Anyway Isco would be before bale
    Don't think Isco can do the main striker thing, not like Ronaldo and Bale can. It will be interesting to see what happens at Madrid, but I can't see both 7 & 11 being there next season.

Don't think Isco can do the main striker thing, not like Ronaldo and Bale can. It will be interesting to see what happens at Madrid, but I can't see both 7 & 11 being there next season.
    What has that got to do with it? You brought Messi into it and he is not a striker. You were talking about Ballon D'or and being the best player

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    What has that got to do with it? You brought Messi into it and he is not a striker. You were talking about Ballon D'or and being the best player
    To be fair Isco is not a match winner like the other 3 mate.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    The Balon d'Or always goes to the goalscorers if you hadn't noticed. How many did Iniesta win again?

The Balon d'Or always goes to the goalscorers if you hadn't noticed. How many did Iniesta win again?
    But it's not about number 9s

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    To be fair Isco is not a match winner like the other 3 mate.
    Well spotted I would expect to see a bigger push from PSG and Man City in the CL next season, so not even sure if the trophy will be staying in Spain.