+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is the highest level a Cardiff/ex Cardiff player had played internationally

Re: What is the highest level a Cardiff/ex Cardiff player had played internationally

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    Gary Medel has played against Bolivia in La Paz which is 8500ft above sea level ��
    I like it

Re: What is the highest level a Cardiff/ex Cardiff player had played internationally

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Never played for City, but went to Lady Mary's:----

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giorgio_Chinaglia
    Lived in Bedford Street when he was a kid

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    John Charles, Mel Charles, Ivor Allchurch, Colin Baker, Ron Hewitt and Danny Sullivan all played in the world cup in Sweden in 1958
    11 of the squad played for City at one time or another.
    http://www.worldfootball.net/teams/w...in-schweden/2/

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    He came on and cried when he was booked didn't he?
    I remember Maradona running after Lynex to swap shirts at the final whistle of the Hand of God game in '86. They were very much the Ronaldo and Messi of their day but there was a great mutual respect between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Wasn't lethal Lynex on the bench for England in the 1990 World Cup Semi Final?
    I think he cleaned up after Lineker shat himself against Ireland earlier in tournament, but all known footage of that has since been destroyed.

Hasselbaink was in Holland squad which finished 4th.
    Which I think I would say is a higher level than Olympic football .

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I think he cleaned up after Lineker shat himself against Ireland earlier in tournament, but all known footage of that has since been destroyed.
    Here it is, if it's been put up by someone else, soz, but just going through fred:---

Didn’t play in the semi-final

Who joined us 12 years after playing in an African Cup of Nations final?

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Who joined us 12 years after playing in an African Cup of Nations final?
    Marouane Chamakh.

Medel has won the Copa America twice.

Recent, current, Gunner Euro 1/4s & WC group stage!