+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FT: ICELAND 0 - 2 NIGERIA. Match thread

Re: FT: ICELAND 0 - 2 NIGERIA. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    A good result for the pathtic exususe of a football team from South America, who get one more chance to show the world that they are not totally shit beyond belief. So just a win required against Nigeria if they are to redeem themselves. If they can't manage that, they will go down in history as being the worst World Cup team ever.
    I think they still need Croatia to beat Iceland as well as them having to beat Nigeria. Not beyond possibility.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    I think they still need Croatia to beat Iceland as well as them having to beat Nigeria. Not beyond possibility.
    Spedger
    Croatia draw would be enough if they beat Nigeria

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    A good result for the pathtic exususe of a football team from South America, who get one more chance to show the world that they are not totally shit beyond belief. So just a win required against Nigeria if they are to redeem themselves. If they can't manage that, they will go down in history as being the worst World Cup team ever.
    I am really disappointed as I think Argentina will scrape through in the final match.
    Wanted to see them fail miserably

We all like to see the underdog win but in this case, there are a couple of good reasons why I personally would like to see the top teams progress.
    Top players performing at the highest level rather than a team who spoil, waste time and frustrate.
    With the better teams out, the better chance a team, who one might not want to do well, has a better chance of doing so.

It's Argentina all the way for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    Spedger
    The goal difference is Iceland -2 Argentina -3, so the margin of victory would also come in to play. If Argentina can't get it together at the 3rd attempt, they deserve to be shot when they return home. I think they will all live though