+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: Which would you prefer - Warnock to be given the whole season regardless or PL survival?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Warnock be given full season regardless

18 69.23%
  • Premier League survival, even if it meant replacing Warnock

8 30.77%

Thread: Which would you prefer - Warnock to be given the whole season regardless or PL survival?

Which would you prefer - Warnock to be given the whole season regardless or PL survival?

It's interesting reading opinions on this - some feel that Neil Warnock has earned the right to be given a full season, regardless of where we finish, while others would prefer Premier League survival if it meant parting company with our manager.

Thought it might make an interesting poll.

Re: Which would you prefer - Warnock to be given the whole season regardless or PL survival?

We keep him whatever happens, staring Mary Poppins , then reality, money , and the future wakes us up , and we find another manager if we have a poor start.

Unfortunately.

Re: Which would you prefer - Warnock to be given the whole season regardless or PL survival?

I would prefer PL survival.

I think Warnock has done a fantastic job so far, but I'm not going to become a groupie. He is there to do a job not to front up a personality cult.

However, i suspect that Warnock is our best hope of PL survival (unless Pep fancies a new challenge and can bring Bale, Modric and Jon Parkin along - for no fee and playing for love not wages - to ensure we storm the league).

I'd keep him whatever.

If we go down we would have our best chance of getting promoted again already in place for the following season!

Quote Originally Posted by speedyblue View Post
    I'd keep him whatever.

If we go down we would have our best chance of getting promoted again already in place for the following season!
    I don't know about that; Warnock has been talking about nearing the end of his time in football for about 10 years and at some point it will happen, at least he'll lose some of the drive needed to make it successful.

I don't want to become a club that gets desperate and tries to dramatically change style or coaching staff in order to secure survival. Would rather go down and rebuild over the summer than get into that cycle Sunderland or Swansea found themselves in.

We have to be realistic he is ending his tenuership as a manager not just with us .
    A clever club would look to extend his value , I hope we have that in plan and in particular this year .

We have a style now that gets results let not upset that momentum ,we will never be in the big purchasing league so let's build on the foundations he has put down , his experience and the backroom in the game is more valuable than some players .

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    It's interesting reading opinions on this - some feel that Neil Warnock has earned the right to be given a full season, regardless of where we finish, while others would prefer Premier League survival if it meant parting company with our manager.

Thought it might make an interesting poll.

I believe NW will resign if he believes somebody else will do a better job.

My logic is that as long as we are still in the mix to stay up that there will be no need for him to go (resign or otherwise), and if we’re cut adrift early and it’s fairly obvious we’re going down then we should still keep him for the following season and go 10 games and reassess.