+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Long shot, question about Bryn Farm houses Brynmawr

Long shot, question about Bryn Farm houses Brynmawr

Does anyone know if the PRC repairs were ever done by the council on these houses ?

Re: Long shot, question about Bryn Farm houses Brynmawr

Not as far as I know. I live a few hundred yards from the estate and the outside appearance hasn't changed on them. Are you thinking of buying one?

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    Not as far as I know. I live a few hundred yards from the estate and the outside appearance hasn't changed on them. Are you thinking of buying one?
    Selling mate. Had cash buyer twice, but both times solicitor has got involved and insisted on a certificate, council haven’t got a clue when I ask them. Put me onto another company who didn’t have a clue either.. and a 3rd I tried were no more help.
    I bought it through auction and there wasn’t one with the pack.
    Whole reason for looking for cash buyers was to avoid this crap.

Might have to get a company in to survey it etc.. but it is annoying really as it could be a waste of money

So what actually happens with the repairs? Are the concrete sections taken away and replaced with bricks?

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    So what actually happens with the repairs? Are the concrete sections taken away and replaced with bricks?
    Big assumption by me but Check your window reveals. I’ve seen them just put an extra skin on prefabs. If massive reveals that would suggest that’s what happened.