+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Fickleness.

Fickleness.

England versus Tunisia after 90 minutes it's 1-1 and I was looking forward to the avalanche of criticism from media and public - "same old England failure in international tournament" - you know the kind of thing but then super-star Harry Kane (who had become invisible second-half) popped up to put away a chance nicely enough (keeper should have done better IMO) and now England are on the verge of winning the tournament.

England supporters appear to have no sense of objectivity.

You might say this applies in all countries but I can remember when the Welsh ***** team were in their pomp in the seventies when we just weren't satisfied with winning, we had to play well.

You might say that England weren't done any favours by the officials on Monday but except for the opening third of the game I didn't think they were up to much.

Re: Fickleness.

Quote Originally Posted by Seabird View Post
    England versus Tunisia after 90 minutes it's 1-1 and I was looking forward to the avalanche of criticism from media and public - "same old England failure in international tournament" - you know the kind of thing but then super-star Harry Kane (who had become invisible second-half) popped up to put away a chance nicely enough (keeper should have done better IMO) and now England are on the verge of winning the tournament.

England supporters appear to have no sense of objectivity.

You might say this applies in all countries but I can remember when the Welsh ***** team were in their pomp in the seventies when we just weren't satisfied with winning, we had to play well.

You might say that England weren't done any favours by the officials on Monday but except for the opening third of the game I didn't think they were up to much.
    Welsh rugby public and press and English football public and press both seem to delight in building players and teams up and then destroying them at the first sign of failure.

I put it down to the high % of both that are part time fans and totally clueless about their sport

Everyone was fairly negative after the england result. The thing was they actually played really well in the first half, I seriously think they’ll get to the quarters at the worst which would be a good World Cup for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Welsh rugby public and press and English football public and press both seem to delight in building players and teams up and then destroying them at the first sign of failure.

I put it down to the high % of both that are part time fans and totally clueless about their sport
    Are you being serious? Part time fans? Some teams in the English 3rd tier get 15k+ crowds regularly. No other country in the world can match that!

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post

I'm not sure what you're trying to say part time fans?