+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Thirty Years On, How Well Do Global Warming Predictions Stand Up?

Thirty Years On, How Well Do Global Warming Predictions Stand Up?

How did the profit of doom James Hansen do?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/thirty-...-up-1529623442

Re: Thirty Years On, How Well Do Global Warming Predictions Stand Up?

The Earth I think adapts to dramatic changes I its climate as we know from periods of extrem coldness,heat tsunamis, volcanic eruptions, yes I guess humans are not helping with the climate , the polar cap has melted before 8000bc bloody deiesl cars , and we survived including the polar bears.

Climatd change Is a bit like the middle East, it's down to people's greed not Goverments as we are the bunch demanding more at a better price, no one is going to give up driving or flying to save the planet or stop a war for the oil grab profit.

On a personal note I wish that all the major countries would sign up to electric /hybrid as that shows intent on pollution ,reduce speed across our roads ,save a couple thousand lives ,reduce NHS burden for those who are injured, but hey if this goverment did that ,we have folk excusing them of stifling businesses, can't win in this world.

You say it's not the fault of government and in the very same sentence talk about wars for oil.

Yes driven by greedy people, and guess what happens when you make a tough unpopular decesion ,your out of office , nope for me the tail wagging the dog are people ,and they are the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Yes driven by greedy people, and guess what happens when you make a tough unpopular decesion ,your out of office , nope for me the tail wagging the dog are people ,and they are the issue.
    I'd say it's less about greed than the fact the entire world runs on oil.

In the last (nearly) 40 years the government has been voted out twice so I'm not buying that either.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I'd say it's less about greed than the fact the entire world runs on oil.

In the last (nearly) 40 years the government has been voted out twice so I'm not buying that either.
    So its not the people ?

The Earth I think adapts to dramatic changes I its climate as we know from periods of extrem coldness,heat tsunamis, volcanic eruptions, yes I guess humans are not helping with the climate , the polar cap has melted before 8000bc bloody deiesl cars , and we survived including the polar bears.

Climatd change Is a bit like the middle East, it's down to people's greed not Goverments as we are the bunch demanding more at a better price, no one is going to give up driving or flying to save the planet or stop a war for the oil grab profit.

On a personal note I wish that all the major countries would sign up to electric /hybrid as that shows intent on pollution ,reduce speed across our roads ,save a couple thousand lives ,reduce NHS burden for those who are injured, but hey if this goverment did that ,we have folk excusing them of stifling businesses, can't win in this world.
    How does the Earth 'adapt' to changes?

Global warming has been quite profitable for some, well those who were in a position to profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    How does the Earth 'adapt' to changes?
    Its very existance tells you that, it survived an ice age and adapted itself and moved on .

Its very existance tells you that, it survived an ice age and adapted itself and moved on .
    How about all the things living on it?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    How about all the things living on it?
    New species take over, so getting rid of humans wouldn't be such a bad thing after all!

Sure the earth has been much hotter and much colder than it is currently at various times in the past, but hasn't had to support a population of 7billion humans at the same time.

That's very poor logic. An ice age wasn't something that would destroy the planet and you didn't explain how the Earth 'adapted'. Does a rock falling into a stream adapt?'

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    That's very poor logic. An ice age wasn't something that would destroy the planet and you didn't explain how the Earth 'adapted'. Does a rock falling into a stream adapt?'
    The verb

Become adjusted to new conditions.

suitable for a new use or purpose and modify.